Unfamiliar Setting (Old)

As I wake up, a blinding light burns my eyes and I groan.

"Ughh... Why is it so bright?"

I blink a few times to regain my sight, and as my senses come back to me, I feel a sharp throbbing pain in my head and a dizzying feeling spreading in my head like a plague. I grimace, putting pressure on the throbbing spot to relieve it, even if it only barely works.

I try to remember what had happened the day before, but all that came back was blurry. Was I hungover? I don't remember drinking... Memories from the night before flashed in my brain, overwhelmingly, and I barely believed such nonsense actually happened. I pinch myself to test if I was dreaming. Ow- I guess I'm not dreaming? Am I in a hospital?

I glance around the room and examine the appearance of the room I was in, which was most definitely not fitting of a hospital, but bright and gorgeous, glittering at the touch of light, decorated with jewels that each contained an endless tunnel of beauty, as if each were an abyss brightly lit up by thousands of miniature suns and moons. The blankets covering my legs had patterns easy on the eyes, sewn with blooming flowers and buds, skies that you wished were real, and the dream-like colors mixed beautifully and perfectly. The bed I sat on was softer than clouds, and yet so perfectly hard at the same time, it was a feeling one couldn't describe correctly, it was a feeling you couldn't imagine unless you actually sat on it. { It isn't actually indescribable... she just owns an uncomfortable bed. }

Awed by the beauty, my jaw was wide open. Clamping it back, I remembered why I was looking around in the first place.

A few hours(?) before...

"WHAT?!" I screamed, "A novel written by a genius, it seemed so realistic and planned out...but the main character dies at the end?! He didn't even reach the last dimension!"

I scroll through the last chapter of the newly released novel that I'd recently been addicted to. Who would've known such a plot twist would happen? I thought main characters would have some sort of plot armor right?

A badass and hardworking main character. The plot was that he was reincarnated into a novel he was reading, and reincarnated into the main character, exciting right?! He endlessly trained his powers because he was excited by the thought of being able to shape-shift. As was I.

"Ughh! I want to be reincarnated into the main character too~!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Many eyes from the side walk across turned to look at me, and someone even yelled, telling me to shut up, from their apartment. It was already 10pm at night, so I could understand why.

"If only work hadn't ended so damn late! And worse, I live so far and get paid so less!" I pretend to wipe a tear off my face. Work was so tiring that I even looked forward to sleeping with bugs. Apartments were expensive these days, and the best one I could afford was swarming with bugs and the paint was peeling. It had three tiny rooms, barely enough to fit a twin-sized bed. The living room, kitchen, and dining room were combined, and a closet-like room served as the bathroom.

Novels from StoryGod0 were my only motivation to keep working. For 5 yuan per novel, I could read to my heart's content, and they always release completed novels every month! I read a chapter every day after work, and then a few other chapters after bed if I have time. I always wonder how they release so many chapters per month. Maybe it's not just one person but a whole team? Then how is 5 yuan per novel enough to sustain them all...Now that I think about it, they probably just have other jobs as well right?

*Ding*

"Huh?" I clicked the notification, and my eyes widen. A swirl of joy tickled my stomach despite it only being an epilogue, it still updated. As I calmed down, I thought to myself. That's weird? I thought they only released completed novels?