Unfamiliar Setting

"Ah!" Yuxi yelped in surprise as she abruptly sat up. "What kind of dream was that?!"

She soaked into the soft covers under her, but she couldn't enjoy it for long before she realized something. She'd never been on a mattress as soft as the one she was on now, except when she was sleeping in the IKEA display beds (she was just trying them out...even though she can't afford any of them.)

"Holy shit- This isn't my bed?" Her eyes darted all around the room she was in. The walls were an icy white, glassy and smooth. When she looked above her, a golden chandelier hung from the roof, yet it was at least ten or so feet away from her as she sat. Her bed's quilt cover was made of what seemed like silk, and she felt what can only be described as...dead.

Yeah, she felt dead. How else could she be seeing such luxury anyway?

"How did I end up here? Did I get too drunk and accidentally break into someone's home?" She rethought that sentence, and her jaw dropped in horror. "SHIT THAT'S TOTALLY SOMETHING I WOULD DO! OH MY GOD I'M A CRIMINAL. OH FUCK?"

She slammed open the door.

"I AM SO SORRY?! I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE SO STUPID I SWEAR?!"

The atmosphere changed.

The air grasped her neck like a hungry wolf digging its nails into prey.

Eyes turned to stare daggers into her, sending shivers down her spine.

"I..." Who...Who are they? Of course, it made sense that she didn't know them, if she really did break into someone's home, but this wasn't why she was surprised.

The undeniable malice coming from the eyes of those that surround her. They looked like they were butlers and maids, but something wasn't quite right. Every single person in the mesmerizing room held some sort of weapon in their belt or pockets, she could tell.

They all dressed in either wide black pants or a black knee-length puffy skirt. They wore white collared shirts, long sleeve, paired with either a short tie or bow. Everyone wore the same thing, but also at the same time not the same thing. They all had slight differences, but if you squinted you would think they were all just clones -with some of them being taller or shorter than others.- Their shoes were black boots, and they were all covered in silver jewelry.

"Excuse me-" Yuxi tapped one of them on the shoulder, intending to ask a few questions about where she was. The maid shot her a glare. "What- Wait!"

The maid walked quicker than anyone that Yuxi knew, and before she could blink, the maid was out of sight.

"Damn it...I thought they'd either be more furious toward me? Why're they so...off?"

"Is she awake yet?" A deep growl of a voice echoed in the glossy hall as Yuxi traveled through it. She peeked through the door of where the voice was coming from.

"She's getting married isn't she?" The man chuckled, "I need her to be alive, at least."

What...?

"Who's she marrying anyway, your grace?" Another voice asked, less rough and growl-y. "I suppose there's something in it for you?"

"Hah! Of course there is Ottilie!" He declared, he seemed excited to tell her. Yuxi leaned in closer as his tone dropped to a whisper. "She's going to marry the 7th prince, not only do I get the trust of the royal family, I also will get heavily rewarded. I have no idea why they want one of my heirs, but if there's money in it then who cares?"

"What?" Yuxi whispered to herself, "who are they- Ah-" The door slipped out of her grip and she fell face-first flat on the floor. 

"...Hi?" She weakly said as the two stared at her.

"Perfect! Get her ready, we need her to meet the prince tomorrow." Said the slightly shorter, but more muscular one.

"Wait- me?"

"Yes you." 

"Wait but- What?"

The second person in the room, tall and muscular, presumably a woman, dragged her out of the room against her will. Many maids rushed toward her as the shorter man(?) gave out commands.

"Make sure she's all prettied up for the prince! We can't have this arrangement falling through!"

"Wait- But I?!" The maids stuffed a towel in her mouth before she could finish her sentence, "Mmmph! Ptoo-! I'm not who you're-!" Her voice faded as she was carried away.