Entry Two

November 15, 2022

We were like the two sides of a coin. Heads and tails. Sun and moon. Fire and water.

You were the popular guy every girl would have a crush on. You were handsome, tall, funny, mischievous, everything a girl could ever want. You made girls swoon and charmed everyone, even those who were known to be unfriendly. You could make everyone at ease just with a few words with that deep voice of yours. And it didn't hurt that you were one of the star basketball players on the team. You made it impossible for anyone to ever hate you. You were the epitome of perfection.

And then... there's me. Shy, quiet Min Sori.

I didn't consider myself to be 'pretty', although you would disagree and compliment me on my looks. I rarely talked in class. I never associated with anyone unless necessary. I only had one friend, Yumin, and even so, I spent most of my time alone. Often, I would go to the library to read and yes, I was a nerd. I loved getting lost in a good book that would take me into a whole new world where I could forget about reality. It was idyllic and I liked being in peaceful, quiet environments. Nothing flashy at all. My life was simple and boring in contrast to yours.

We were the opposites of each other. You and I were two very different people in the same school, two planets orbiting in the same galaxy. So close, yet so far. But that all changed that fateful day.

And that was how our story began.