Entry Nine

December 3, 2022

You had promised to make it up to me for missing our anniversary, even though I had assured you countless times that it was okay. After all, we could just celebrate it on your birthday. We were back to what we were now and that was the only thing that mattered. But you were persistent, so who was I to stop you?

You knew I was a sucker for cliché things. So of course, you did one of the most cliché couple things: taking me out to the movies.

A romance movie. Something I was also a sucker for.

You had booked two tickets for the noon airtime. Just ten minutes before the movie, we bought plenty of snacks. And boy, trust me when I say 'plenty', I mean enough to last in my pantry for a whole three weeks.

Unsurprisingly, there were other couples who had the same idea as we walked into the theater. We easily found our seats and soon enough, the movie started rolling.

It was a typical rivals to lovers plot. The main leads were heirs of multi-millionaire companies. In a competition to be the best company in South Korea, the families were pitted against each other, to hate each other for eternity and the tradition has kept on until the current heirs fell in love.

At the first kiss scene, I was somewhat flustered and tore my eyes away from the screen, only to see a couple nearby sharing a small kiss. They were giggling, holding each other's hands. I smiled. It was obvious they were deeply in love with each other.

I tugged your hand and tilted my head to the couple. "Aren't they so cute?" I cooed. I look at you. "Were we like this too in the beginning?"

You laughed. "Maybe. Although you were the one who was afraid to initiate public affection."

I gasp, feigning an offended look. "I was not. I'm just not a bold person."

Mischievousness glinted in your eyes. "Then should I be bold?"

"Yah!" I slapped your arm lightheartedly. "Don't say things like that! We're in public."

Chuckling, you smiled. "Kidding. No need to be so flustered, Miso." You pecked my lips casually, causing my face to turn red. "Love you."

"I love you too."