00

Sabine watched as the clouds turned an awful grey. Thunder echoed as the kettle popped. She turned to see a couple standing in the middle of her small apartment, hiding in the shadows. "Little brother, you know better than to sneak up on your older, wiser sister" Sabine chuckled softly, as the couple walked into the light. Sabine gasped as she saw two babies, one in each of their arms.

"Jimmu, what has happened?" Sabine asked the man, his own image reflecting her own if not for his bright green eyes. He held a little girl in his arms, her eyes like the woman next to him, an unnatural blue against her dark skin.

"Talia has found the twins" The man spoke to Sabine, his grip on the baby in his arms. "Sister, we must ask you a great debt. Take Mei-Lien, raise her as your own. Tell her nothing about us or the life we were forced to have" Jimmu spoke with great desperation in his voice.

Sabine looked at the woman, "Yemaya" She whispered. The woman walked over, her son in her arms. Unlike the baby girl in Jimmu's, the boy had his mothers appearance with only his father's eyes standing out. "I wish I could leave them both with you sister, but they are biracial twins it would be too obvious and the league would find you" The woman spoke deeply, yet soft so her children would stay calm.

Jimmu placed Mei-Lien in Sabine's arms, kissing the baby's head. "Wang says they are the chosen. The perfect balance. They will meet again, fate does not rest" Jimmu spoke before allowing his wife to say goodbye. Yemaya handed her son to his father before walking over to her sister-in-law.

"My sweet daughter, always remember that I am here for you even when you can't see me. I love you Mei-Lien" Yemaya tried to control her tears as she kissed her daughter's head. "She will be safe sister, I swear on my honour. On my soul" Sabine promised.

The couple nodded as a flash of lighting struck. They were gone with the boy, Mei-Lien, in Sabine's arms. "It is okay young one" Sabine cooed to the young girl.

~oOo~

Yemaya and Jimmu stood on top of the Eiffel Tower, holding their son Tyrian close. "Where to now love?" Jimmu asked his wife as she cradled Tyrian in her arms. "Gotham. I have an old friend" a new voice called out.

A young girl stood on the edge of the bannister. Her eyes glowing in the night sky. Her hair lost in the darkness as the stars glowed behind her. "Thalassa, have you gone mad? That is the home of Talia's..." Yemaya was silenced by the girl's hand. "I know, that is why he will protect the child, I've known the man since he was a soldier, your grandfather trusts him deeply with the secrets we possess" Thalassa spoke, holding her hand out over the edge.

She closed her eyes, her hand glowing. "Power of Migration, I call upon you" She whispered as a portal opened up.

"Who is this man we are entrusting our son to?" Jimmu asked the teen. "His name is Alfred, a man kinder than an innocent child" Thalassa spoke before walking through the portal. Jimmu and Yemaya followed, trusting the young girl.

~oOo~

Thalassa ran across the buildings, jumping at inhuman heights. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail, the ends white. She wore a black suit with white stars glowing and changing places with every moment. Her mask hides her face as assassins follow behind her, swords ready for the kill.

"Whenever your ready Bug" Thalassa growled as she held her tachi blades ready to attack. "Give me a moment" Yemaya growled as she fought her own group of assassins. The woman had changed. Her own straightened hair had returned to the voluminous curls she had as a child. Her bluebell eyes darken as she stabbed her former brother and sisters in arms.

She wore her own suit, a simple lotus circlet placed on her head. Her mask, a dark pink with white petals around the eyes. Her suit in the same form as higher ranking League members, vines in place of gold or silver, flower petals acting like armor. She held a spear made of bark.

"These idiots forget who trained them!" She growled loudly before swiping them all by their legs. Once they were knocked out, the woman turned to the safe behind her. She held her spear to the safe, the tip glowing brightly. "Breathe of Nature!" Yemaya commanded. A burst of branches ripped the safe open before returning to the spear.

Yemaya looked at its contents before grabbing everything she could into a bag. "Ready when you are Étourneau" Yemaya smirked. The young woman hopped into a portal and grabbed Yemaya's hand.

"Come on Yemaya, we need to go" Thalassa spoke urgently, struggling to keep the portal open. Yemaya looked at the girl, she hadn't aged a day since they met. Yemaya took off the circlet, her suit dropping to her civilian clothes. A kwami materialised, eyes full of fear. "Farewell old friend. I renounce you Lavvi, Kwami of Nature" Yemaya smiled softly.

Thalassa looked at the woman in shock. "What are you doing?" She hissed as her strength began to be zapped. "Find Mei-Lien, then find me" Yemaya told her before pushing her away back into the portal before it closed.

Yemaya held her hands up in surrender as footsteps approached. She turned with a neutral face as she faced her captor. "Seventeen years and I finally have you, Yemaya Sani-Fu" Talia Al Ghul spat as she kicked the woman to her knees.

She grabbed her face and made her look at Talia. "Tell me, where is your husband and your twins?" She asked her voice like honey laced with venom. Yemaya spat at her face, "Never" She hissed.