❝ 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗅𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗍-𝟤.❞

the train ride went along smoothly

the train ride went along smoothly. the two hufflepuffs chattered for most of the way, while one listened more than indulged. the conversation didn't seem to end even as they got into the great hall. it lasted through the carriage ride and wouldn't quit until they reached their destination. the gryffindor table, the end closest to the hall entrance. many of the other gryffindors sat idly, talking over one another, they didn't seem too confused by the two.

    doroteya would've felt more confused if it hadn't been for the fact that alex had already told her where they'd be sitting. she didn't detest considering she had just befriended him, and she didn't want to miss her chance at friendship. besides, he was eager to introduce her to his other friends—which is exactly why they were sitting at the gryffindor's table.
    dottie stood to the side, shifting her weight on either foot every few seconds. alex cleared two seats for them, nodding with his head to the empty spot beside him. she was hesitant to sit down, but did so when alex offered a raised eyebrow.

   "i absolutely do think she'd enjoy lilies! lilies for my lilyflower." boasted a boy who settled across alex, his head in his palm as he looked elsewhere, as if he was in a dreamy daze.
   "i don't know, seems a bit—basic." commented another, not looking up from his plate while the first boy let out an almost offended gasp. as dottie sat down, overhearing the conversation, she couldn't help but let out a small laugh. it encouraged alex to laugh as well, gathering the attention of the two original boys.
   "alexander!" the dazed boy spoke only to immediately correct himself after a small glare, "er—alex!"

  "gushing over evans again, james?" alex asked, gathering food onto his plate before nudging dottie to do the same, for some reason she obliged so easily.
   "gushing is too small of a word to describe my love." the other sighed.
   "where were you when my town's theater was in need of a romeo." their light back and forth went on further, causing the other boy who spoke to shake his head.

  "remus," he stated, turning his head to stare directly towards doroteya. her eyebrows
raised and a small smile formed on her lips as she nodded her head.
  "dottie," she replied, feeling more comfortable with the nickname alex had given her hours ago. it felt more natural, just right in a sense.

  as she stared for a moment, her eyes scanned over his features. they hooked onto the long scar across running across his cheek and over his nose, wondering what was the cause of it. either way, she shook her head and took a bite of her food, realizing that it was none of her business. looking towards the table, she noticed a book tucked under remus' arm, he seemed to have noticed her gaze as he held it up for her to see.

   "frankenstein," he answered her question out loud, she let out a small hum as she admired the cover. it was one of the nice hardcovers, an intricate design in black and a dull green outlined it.
  "i never got to finish the book, but i've heard great things—considering it is a well-known book." her words caused a quiet chuckle to escape from him before he took another bite from his food. the pause felt too long and to keep her head from spinning she indulged in her own meal.
   "i'm more than happy to lend it to you, when i'm done of course," he looked back towards her with a very light smile, "i need someone to talk about it with."