~17~

Even when things don't go as you planned, just keep it up.

***•_•***

Wooyoung's phone was continuously ringing. He had checked the first time, seeing San's contact name. He didn't pick up. But the calls were persisting. So he gave up and just answered.

"Hyung", he croaked out.

"Wooyoung? I stopped at your apartment a few minutes ago to know if you were home but no one answered. Are you okay? Where are you?"

"Hyung...", Wooyoung cried into the phone "I don't know where I am but it's about ten minutes away from where I told you to leave. It's in an alleyway"

"I'm coming. Don't move I'll be there soon"

Whenever San said those words, he meant them. For someone one who wasn't given a set address or destination he found Wooyoung fairly quickly, heart shattering at the sight of the younger.

"Oh my god, Wooyoung. Who did this to you?", he helped him to his feet and was so goddamn hurt at the look in his eyes.

"Hyung...", San held him close, patting his head gently.

"It's okay, I'm here. You're okay"

San called a taxi, not too much in the mood to let anyone publicly see Wooyoung that way.

Once in San's apartment, San hugged Wooyoung again, whispering comforting and sweet words to him.

After a while, Wooyoung's tears had stopped and he wasn't shaking as much. If anything he'd calmed down. San had given him hot chocolate, gotten him new clothes to change into and placed ice packs on his bruises.

He watched Wooyoung playing with the hem of his shirt, sitting cross legged on his bed. He moved closer to him, letting himself fall into the bed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No"

"Wooyoung please. Please for once just tell me a bit of what is wrong with you. The amount of times I've seen you in such a vulnerable state and you just never spoke about anything is insane. It hurts me, Wooyoung. I don't like seeing you crying uncontrollably when I know I can at least try and help"

"You can't help."

"How do you know? You haven't even given me a chance yet"

"Oh my god just stop trying to fucking be of so much help, San.", Wooyoung lashed out "It's annoying and infuriating. If I don't wanna talk about my shitty feelings then that's my issue. It has nothing to do with you. If anything, you're adding more to the guilt I'm feeling everyday. I have to focus so much on protecting my friends and you're not helping because all you ever want to do is hang out with someone like me and help me out. And I would prefer it if you just didn't."

San went silent. Wooyoung's eyes widened in shock at his own words.

"S-San... San I didn't mean it like that. It just came out. I promise it didn't come from my hea-"

"Fine. I'll stop caring so much about you then. Plus trying so hard does get tiring don't you think?"

San got up, slipping his shoes on while Wooyoung followed behind him.