Chapter #2

Today on the rink, practicing my triple axel for the competition. "Again." My coach says, making me repeat the jump numerous times until she was satisfied. She was pushing me harder than ever. This could be my big break. As long as my head was in the game.

Once practice was over, my knees started buckling as I held onto the wall for extra support. My coach left the stadium.

"You need help?" One of the hockey players asked as he skated up to me. It was time for them to practice.

"No need. I'll get her." I heard another voice. This time a familiar one. The man from yesterday or should I say from twelve years ago? Skated up to me, his arm snaking around my waist as he helped me get to the gate of the rink.

"Natalia, Natalia... always pushing yourself to the limits." He smiled at me.

"It's okay. I think I got it." I forced one of those show smiles and tried to walk on my own.

"Hey, you need the rest after what you just did. I'll just carry you to the break room." He smiled at me, refusing to even loosen his grip on me. "Embarrassed?"

"Not at all." I chuckled as we got off the ice and headed to the brake room. "You ran off without telling me your name yesterday." I said as he continued to support me while we walked. It was quite amusing. A man in full hockey gear carrying a small figure skater.

"Oh god, I'm such a dumb ass. I knew I ran off forgetting something yesterday." He said as he sat down beside me. "I'm Michal. Michal Mrazik." He looked so calm and happy at the same time; it was amazing. I tied my skates together and looked him in the eyes.

And for the first time, I noticed how long his lashes were and what a defined jawline he had. In fact, his eyes were more hazel than green. And his hair was quite gorgeous. What was a good-looking man like him doing on a hockey team where every day there is a new missing tooth or a black eye?

"Michal. How cliché." I shook my head with a smile. "Just don't tell me this is going to turn into some 'My secret crush since childhood' story." I laughed and stood up. His eyes widened in surprise, but then he too began to smile.

"What's wrong with cliché? Doesn't it make things much easier to understand and find?" He smiled as he stood up too.

"Maybe. Although it does make things less special... where are you going to find the thrill if you already know what is going to happen?" I laughed.

"Philosophy isn't really my strong side. But I will say one thing, there are always exceptions for rules" He chuckled. "Now ice and hockey, on the other hand. I can go on ranting about it all day."

"Can you do an axel then?" I asked with a tease as I began to pack up my stuff.

"An axel... You mean that jumpy thing you were doing out there just now? Sure... I've fallen on ice before. Although not like some psycho killer, though I suppose there comes a first time for everything, right?"

Was he seriously making fun of my falls? "Excuse me?" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm only joking." He tilted his head down, his eyes meeting mine and gave me a smirk. My gaze fell on his teeth. His smirk went away instantaneously, most likely due to the fact that I noticed his teeth. Was he self-conscious about them? But they're so pretty and mesmerizing. "Well, I better get back to training." he said quickly as he rubbed his lips and headed to the door.

"Wait Michal." I called out. I wanted to apologize but thought better of it. "Thank you." I smiled. He smiled back and reached for the door again, but something stopped him. He turned around to face me again.

"Hey Natali.... Could I get your number?" His facial expression took on an almost guilty smile.