18• Kai-à Dainty Damsel

"A church activity wih a deal wid. Look how people a look pah yuh wid yuh neck full up a hickies."

Mommy grumbled as we went to another elders house that needed cleaning.

The government built these homes so with the help of the clinics and church, we made reports on each individual who needed care. Few made upgrades and those are the ones with children.

"Yuh nuh si yuh self enuh." She hisses.

I just carried the two container of vanilla and chocolate ensure that was taken from the foods barrel.

"Mih look inna mirror mommy." I laughed, using my hips to bounce hers. The slap I got in return only made me laugh.

Seeing her husband coming, I showed her my tongue then faked a sad look. When Mister Palmer looked from his wife with a smile, if vanishes when he saw me.

"What have you done to Kai-à, Raj?" He asked.

Mommy looks at me and glared. "If a slap yuh, yuh remember how breast milk taste."

I laughed out and replied. "If it did sweet and taste like dem ensure yah, sure, but no thank you. Mih nuh want nuh running belly."

We laughed at her as she walked away with a frown.

"Love, it's not true." My step father shouts after her and I made a face.

"Ew, that's disturbing. I wonder how Jess-Ann lives with you both." I said regaining their nine year old daughter. My litter sister.

Junior Palmer couldn't have children so both him and mommy choosed to adopt through the church.

Its even a blessing as she loves almost everything that her dad loves. She's the ideal daughter born from strangers.

"She's always in our library so she wouldn't know." He said which I believes.

Mommy loves reading like I do, so Jess-Ann adopted that from mommy.

"Ah, Miss Atkins." He greets someone and I looked at the lady and my eyes widened.

If a nuh Gio relative this, a him much older female twin.

"Mister Palmer. You know I have a bone to pick at you." She point at him and laughs. "How could you leave the salt."

A muss the big bag of salt they left at home.

It's mummy's fault for bothering me about these hickies.

"You're the third person to remind me." Then he gestures to me. "This is Kai-à, my stepdaughter."

"Oh, the chef who has the British boy Raj boast about all the time." She looks at me grinning.

Suh mommy a run wid mih name up yah.

"It's a pleasure meeting with you, Kai-à." Then she turns to my step father. "I'll take her."

He left me with her and she took one of the cases.

"I'm Kadeja Atkins, a founder of this red cross groups. I've heard so much about you from your mom and although this wasn't planned, we're having a small issue down here."

We stopped on the hill where we could see a crowd of people mixed with ours who were in uniforms to represent us.

"Some non chefs volunteered to cook for these people but it seems too many rats can't dig a good hole."

Her comment had me laughing.

A muss Gio mada dis but mih naw guh ask.

"What is been prepared?" I asked.