Part Eighteen

"What do you mean there's a crowd?" Louis asks.

He's sat on the hospital bed, dressed in sweats and a sweater, getting ready to leave the hospital three weeks later. He's still so sore but Sammy has said he's healing nicely and now that he's seeing the psychologist Kimberly regularly, Louis can continue his recovery in the comfort of home.

"Well, the media somehow got wind you're being released today, and people have turned up to see you and wish you well" James explains.

James and Drew, Harry and Scott are at the hospital, ready to escort Louis home.

"I know you had to release a statement but, how did they know I'm here?" Louis asks.

"This is the hospital where the royal family, and we get treated, it's just known by the public" James says.

"How's about you come see them from the window first baby" Scott says, trying to reassure Louis.

Louis gets up slowly and Harry and Scott help him over to the window. The hospital overlooks a huge park. The street and some of the park are filled with people, some even holding signs of well wishes.

Louis can't believe what he's seeing, why these people are here for him.

Louis looks back at James and Drew in awe.

"Why do they care about me?" Louis asks.

"They support our family kiddo, and you're part of our family. You being found is huge news and people love you" Drew says smiling.

"It's just so weird, like I understand why they all love you, but I'm kind of a ring in" Louis says.

"Louis, that is so far from the truth, a lot of those people out there remember you from when you were four years old, even younger. You were our little rebel, the one who never did as he was told, you stole the show when we went out in public, for being so mischievous and cute. The public have missed you too" James tells him.

Louis can't believe this, some of those people know more or remember more about his life than he does, it's just so surreal.

Harry moves and wraps his arm around Louis from behind, he brings him back against his chest and kisses the side of his head, Louis smiles cutely in response.

"You'll get used to it baby" Harry says.

Scott sidles up beside Louis's other side and swipes his fringe off his forehead.

"Everyone has been really worried and wanting to know you're okay" Scott says.

Louis nods and just watches the crowd for a while before Ben comes into the room to tell everyone it's safe to leave.

"Ready?" Harry asks as he moves back, he and Scott hold out their hands, Louis smiles and takes them gratefully.

"Do I need to say or do anything?" Louis asks.

"Since everyone has come out to see you, it might be nice to stand on the steps and wave, just quickly. Only if you're up for it though" James says.

"Yeah, I think I'm okay, will you all be with me?" Louis asks.

"Absolutely" everyone says.

Louis nods and they all go to leave, it's slow going as Louis is still so sore and bruised.

"Lou, do you want to walk out with Drew? We can just stay behind you" Harry says.

"Oh, if you want me to" Louis says a little defeated.

"Not because we want to Lou, believe us, but we don't think announcing our relationship like this is the best right now" Scott says with a slight smirk.