~18~

Even if I go back a long time, please keep staying by my side.

***•_•***

The parts for each song were split between all seventeen of them again after further practice and second thoughts. Soobin had come to watch dance practice and had profusely refused to join in. He said he was working with the art department in creating posters and doing what art students did.

"So as we all know, the festival's been moved to the end of the school year. Which honestly does us good. But we all have our parts yes?", Chan asked.

Everyone nodded. They flipped through the lyric sheets and San saw the one for mist. He looked at the chorus. He could do it but that was the one he heard Wooyoung continuously practice in peculiar times of the day. He had also hummed it whenever they were together and he saw how hard he tried when they "auditioned" in front of Hongjoong and Chan to see who got the parts.

San put a hand up, "can Wooyoung get the chorus in mist?"

He drew the attention to himself. Everyone stared at him with bulging eyes.

"I think he suits it more. He'd be more able to convey the feelings behind it than I would"

Chan and Hongjoong looked from him to Wooyoung was still in shock.

"Well since you willingly gave it up, you and Wooyoung can switch", Hongjoong smiled at him.

San and Wooyoung hadn't spoken much after that night. It was dry replies and sometimes they would leave each other on delivered for so long. San wanted a change of plans.

They practiced their choreography for a long time. Long enough to have their legs give out by the time they were done. Hongjoong and Seonghwa gave everyone the cupcakes they'd made the day before. Surprised it hadn't been squished and battered in the container in Seonghwa's bag. They couldn't risk putting it in Hongjoong's. He threw his bag around like a useless piece of item.

Yeonjun dropped himself of Soobin once it was over and looked at him like a drunkard.

"Jagiya~"

"Alright Yeonjun, you've lost it. Let's go home", Soobin helped him to his feet, waving at the others before dragging Yeonjun's ass out. The rest of the group started to file out.

Hongjoong had gone up to San, ruffling his hair.

"That was so selfless of you, San. I was moved. You're such a good person, what could anyone ever have against you?"

San smiled brightly to hide how shy he was feeling, "it's not that deep. And I meant the part of him conveying the feeling better. Wooyoung has a powerful voice. He could move people to tears. He sings with his heart and that's shocking for a chemistry major. You'd expect him to only know moles and the Avogadro's constant"

Hongjoong stared blankly at him, "avacado- avag- what- whatever those are."

San chuckled before grabbing his bag, hugging Hongjoong against his will and leaving so it was just Chan, Seonghwa and Hongjoong left in the dance studio.

San caught up with Wooyoung outside, calling his name to grab his attention. They stared at each other awkwardly at first before Wooyoung spoke up.