Stumbling In

(3 years later)

"Mama Eda, when's Owlbert and Flapjack coming back?" Hunter spun around on his seat groaning slightly. Him and Eda were out selling human things in the markets, waiting for Owlbert and Flapjack to come back with new stuff to sell. He had to wear a cloak to cover his wings and ears, while Eda just wore an old rag on her head. Before Eda could even respond, a small hoot and tweet rang from the tent behind them. And out popped Flapjack and Owlbert holding an old bag seeming quite full. Hunter quickly sprung up from his seat and helped carry the bag to their stall. "Finally, you guys are back."

Hunter placed the bag next to Eda, Flapjack sitting on his shoulder while Owlbert went back into his staff from, leaning on the table in front of them. Hunter could've sworn he heard a gasp come from the tent behind them, but he just brushed it off, thinking he was hearing things. Him and Eda began sorting through the bag while a mysterious figure watched them from the tent. "Garbage- Garbage.. Garbage-" Eda muttered quietly, throwing away a cell phone, then a diamond ring, and a golden chalice. "Eda Eda, look what I found!" When Eda looked at him, she noticed he was wearing a pair of googly-eyed glasses. "Aren't these amazing!" She just chucked, ruffling his hair and taking the glasses off him. "Good work kiddo. This will make us rich!"

"Hmm? What's this?" Hunter raised his eyebrow as he pulled out a book reading The good witch Azura. Eda took the book from Hunters hands, looking at it before shrugging and holding the book over a small candle. "Eh, it'll make good kindling" They both heard a yelp come from the tent behind them, a small human race from it and snatching the book out of Edas hands. "That's mine! Sorry! Thanks, byeeee!!" The human ran back to the tent with the book in her hands, she was running towards the door in the tent. Eda quickly grabbed some type of key, clicking it while Hunter ran after the human. The human was standing in the middle of the tent, watching the door fold up and vanish right before her eyes.

The human looked back, seeing Hunter and Eda standing behind her. "You're not going anywhere" Eda said as she gave some sort of glare to the human. The human quickly looked around before picking up a random voodoo doll off the ground and throwing it at them. She missed completely but it allowed her to scurry out of the tent. Hunter just looked at Eda with a confused look on his face, Eda looking back at him just giving him a small shrug. "Is she going to be... okay?" Hunter asked, looking from the human ran then back to Eda. "100% not. I'll get her, you wait at the stall" He just nodded as Eda went after the human and he went back to the stall, sitting back on his chair. He just sat at the stall, spinning on his chair before Eda came back carrying the human and placing her in front of the stall. "I'm sorry, I just wanted my book back! If you're going to eat my skin, just do it now!!" The human held out her arm towards them both as hunter just gave her a confused expression. "Eat? Why would we eat.. A potential customer?"

The human looking at them both raised her eyebrow as Eda pulled out a few different items from under the table. "Now, what can we interest you in? Human foot with holes? Green Human candy?" She pulled out a croc and some deodorant, holding them in her hand and showing them to the human. "Oh! Oh! How about this black shadow box that reflects only sadness?" Hunter exclaimed, pulling out an old-timey TV and holding it in front of the human as she just laughed. "That's not all it can do" The human said as she took the box from Hunters hands, grabbing some batteries from a bowl marked Human candy before putting them into the TV, then turning it on. An old 80s exercise video popped up and it seemed to attract a lot of different creatures. "I'll pay forty snails for the screaming box!" "I'll pay a hundred!" "Can I eat the tiny person inside!"

Both Eda and Hunter were stunted, looking at each other then back to the crowd of creatures in front of them. Eda just started collecting the money as Hunter leaned on the table, looking at the human. "What did you say your name was again?" "I'm Luz. Luz Noceda!" The human said with a small wave, looking back at Hunter. "Heh, Well Luz. What you did was pretty clever, For a Human" Eda said as he kept collecting money from the large crowd. Luz just raised her eyebrow while staring at her. "That's.. A kind of weird thing for other humans to say?" Hunter and Eda just laughed before nodding at each other, Hunter removing his cloak and Eda removing the rag off her head.

"Oh human, we're not like you" Luz was shocked, the lady had pointy ears, and the other kid had feathers on his ears and neck, his eye whites being pitch black. They definitely were not human. "I'm Eda, The owl lady!" She proclaimed as she and Hunter stood on the table. "And I'm Hunter, The Scarlet Beast." Luz stood there shocked. She could not believe what she was hearing from the two. "We are the most powerful witches on the boiling isles! We are respected, Feared-"

"Busted!"

A large guy wearing some type of uniform that included a weird, pointed mask smashed the TV with his fist, sending the crown scattering away as Hunter and Eda quickly jumped off the table. Luz just ducked her head behind the table, trying to hide herself. The guy held up 2 wanted posters up, one with Eda drawn on it, the other with Hunter drawing on it. "Eda the owl lady and Hunter the scarlet beast, you are wanted for magical misdemeanors and crimes against the Emperor. You two are hereby ordered to come with me to the conformitorium" Luz just peeked up from under the table, looking from the guard, then back to Eda and Hunter. "Wow.. Witch criminals..." "Would you guys quit following us? We haven't done squat" Eda snapped, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. "And you're coming too. For fraternizing with criminals!" The guard exclaimed, grabbing Luz by her shirt and lifting her off the ground. "W-What?! That's not cool!"

"Alright, aright! You win guard. Let us just grab our STUFF!" Hunter shouted before scratching the guard's mask, Eda following him as she grabbed her staff and whacked the guard across the head, sending him flying and dropping Luz. Hunter and Eda nodded, Hunter running over to the human while Eda snapped her fingers and all the stuff glowed with a golden-yellow hue, gathering itself into a sack she threw over her shoulder. "Eda, the door!" Hunter reminded her as helped the human up, Eda nodding before holding up the key from before, pressing the eye and a suitcase with the same eye as the key floated out of the tent and vanished into thin air.

"Cmon kids! He won't stay down for long!" Eda exclaimed, pulling along Luz as her and Hunter started running. "This is insane! If I die here, my mum is going to kill me!" Hunter just flew beside them, nudging the human with a small laugh. "Don't worry human, A human like you is worth more to us alive then dead!" Eda hopped onto her staff, pulling Luz on as well and they both took off, Hunter flying close behind them.

And so, it begins.