19| A PROMISE?

Adeline Pov:

"Yes! Yes, I want an answer."

When I responded to his question, I looked straight into his eyes. I don't know where I found all this courage. I could see he was a bit shocked, but he quickly covered it with his blank expression.

"I brought you here for many reasons." He said in his dangerous tone, tightening his grip on my hair. It hurt, but I refused to break in front of him.

"You can't just do anything you want." I said without shuttering this time.

"I CAN AND I WILL." He retorted, tightening his grip even more. I hissed in pain, but I control my tears to fall. He glared at me, and I glared right back.

"Sir, dinner is ready." someone interrupted, and we broke our eye contact. He loosened his grip.

"Let's go!" He ordered, but I didn't budge from my spot.

"Adeline!" I know he's angry, but what's his problem? I should be the one angry here.

"I'm not hungry." I stated, ready to move away from his grip, but he carried me in a bridal style.

I didn't want to waste my energy needlessly, so I remained silent. He carried me downstairs and sat in his seat, placing me on his lap.

"Good evening, Master and Ma'am." Mrs. Kelly greeted.

"Good evening," I replied.

"Ma'am, why didn't you come for lunch?" she asked, and David tightened his grip on my waist.

I gulped and looked at David. His eyes turned cold. Just moments ago, I could see concern for me in his eyes, but now it had turned to anger.

"I just... I wasn't hungry at the time." I said, turning my gaze to Mrs. Kelly and offering a weak smile. She served us food on one plate.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked in his dangerous tone, causing Mrs. Kelly to flinch.

I put my hand on his chest and rubbed it to calm him down, but he shot me a death glare, making me gulp hard, and then I looked at her.

"Mrs. Kelly, I asked you a question, here." He repeated in a bold voice, causing me to flinch this time. He tightened his grip on me even more.

"Mas-Master, I-I went to get some kitchen stu-stuff. I just arrived now. Ava told me that Ma'am hasn't eaten anything this afternoon." she replied.

"So, who should I punish?" He asked as if it were a normal question for all of us.

"David!" I spoke in shock. How could he speak so casually like this? He raised one of his eyebrows.

"It's none of their fault. I wasn't hungry, so I refused."

"So, I must punish you, right?" He said in his dangerous tone, caressing my hair. I immediately shook my head.

"Nooo" I whispered, but he heard it and gave me his infamous smirk.

"More," David said, and I can feel his anger.

He said, and Mrs. Kelly put more food on our plate. David put a spoon full of food in my mouth. To tell you the truth guys, I'm very hungry. But he is giving me slowly bites.

Because he also eating with me. One bite he eats and then one feeds me. Please tell him that I'm really really hungry now.

"David, I can eat myself you Know? I hurt my leg, not my hand." I said, but he glared at me.

So, I immediately shut my mouth. He took another spoonful of rice and put it in my mouth. I pouted and chewed my food. He fed me twenty bites like this, but he kept going.