Chapter 2: A Trip Down Memory Lane

"Ok, I'm getting you a crutch. After that, we're off to see the king, or do you need some time to rest?"

Marcy gasped, "Well, I was hoping that would answer some of my questions first, this is just so, wow! How come there aren't any humans here? Is this what would have happened if the cognitive revolution never happened to apes and to amphibians instead? What's up with the cape, armor, and mask? I need ANSWERS!!!"

I chuckled at her reaction. Dang, this girl was the personification of hyper. What would her MBTi be? ENFP? ENTP? Focus on the questions Y/N!

"Amphibia is inhabited by mostly anthropomorphic amphibians and aggressive insects, birds, and insect-bird hybrids.

Soon enough, we arrived at the castle, where Lady Olivia awaited us.

"Y/N, why are you back so early? And why is there another you?"

"Greetings Lady Olivia, this is Marcy, Marcy, Olivia. She would like to have a sitting with the king, so if you don't mind-"

"Welcome...Miss Marcy! The king would love to speak with you in private, after his very important meeting. In the meantime, how about I give you a tour around the castle, Marcy?"

"That would be amazing!" Marcy exclaimed, grabbing Olivia and disappearing around a corner.

How did she get here? Is she part of the prophecy Andrias told me about? I have been in Amphibia for the past year and a half. I have never seen another human, or even mammal here ever since I got here! Not in my travels, not in research, not even when helping Andrias carry out dark deeds! How did she get here? Could it be-?

I remember the day I came here. I was 11, taking an autumn walk to calm some nerves and to enjoy the season's sights and scents,.

"Hey Y/N! How are you?" Said the old lady behind the counter.

Apparently she was my mother's great aunt's second cousin's sister in law, or something(tbh, i don't even know if that's actually true or not), and she sometimes gave kids snacks and knick-knacks she couldn't sell.

"Hello m'am," I greeted, nodding at her.

"This music box came in today."

I turned away from a brightly colored t-shirt that said '30 & flirty'. The box's size and shape were similar to those pirate chests in Suspicion Island. It was a pretty shade of emerald green, with detailed, golden illustrations of what seemed to be a swamp. I took the box into my hands to examine it more carefully. The were three multicolored gems in the top right of the lid seemed to glow with some weird aura that you couldn't quite put your finger on . It looked really old, and extremely expensive since the gems are probably real, and boy was it heavy.

"It showed up in the back of the shop one day," the old woman chuckled, "I probably forgot about it, probably some family heirloom. You should probably take it. I'm going to enjoy myself a nice nap."

"Thanks, I'll think about it," I say, absent-mindedly. No matter how hard I try to pry the lid open, it won't budge. Weird, maybe if I turn the key—

The box opened, directing a blinding bean of white into my eyes, making me drop the box and sucking me inside.

A/N: This was supposed to be a lot longer, but I decided to split it into 2 since I felt like it and it couldn't fit the chapter title anymore. I'll try to update as much as I can in summer, and I also might add in some headcanons and/or one-shots that can be deprived from the lore of the fanfic or just completely unrelated. Feel free to request! Byeeee