Chapter 4 - Dude With The Reed Pipes

(I PROMISE it gets more interesting later, - just bear with me while I get through the basics, lol. WARNING: sHoRt cHapTer, sorry-)

"So," I said skeptically. "You're tellin' me that I'm a half-blood... demigod... half-god whatever. And 'monsters' come after us because we have the Greek gods' and godesses' blood? How do you even know?"

My twin sister, Willow was staring at Maron's hooves, still wide-eyed. (BTW, Maron is the satyr that didn't believe that Grover saw Pan. He's younger rn, tho.)

Maron was, apparently, a satyr, - half goat half-human. Weird, right? But that wasn't as weird as having a vicious bird going to shred you to pieces just to see a satyr play reed pipes and make them fall asleep and then learning I was related to an ancient Greek god.

In History we hadn't covered Greek Mythology, but since our mother for some reason was obsessed with Greek Mythology, both me and my sister knew a bit.

"Precisely," Maron said. "And all demigods have ADHD due to their quick response time in a fight, and most of the time have dyslexia, since all demigods' minds are hardwired for Ancient Greek."

Willow blinked and beat me to it, "Then who's our 'godly parent'?"

"That is yet to be decided," the satyr said. My twin sister stared at him with a face that clearly said, "Really?".

"Mom," I say, looking at our mother incredulously. "You believe all this weird mumbo-jumbo?!" She had told us our father had gone out one day and never come back. That was all the details she'd told us, - refusing to give more. She clearly still felt heartbroken because of it.

Our mother sucked a deep breath in through her mouth. "Yes," she admitted with a sigh, leaning against the wall and taking a sip of her coffee.

"And ya didn't think to tell us this?" Willow asked, and stopped messing with her braided bracelet.

"It would be dangerous if I did, - more monsters would come after you if you knew who you truly are. Your scent becomes stronger,"

"Monsters? You're talking about those bloodthirsty birds?" My sister squeaked.

"Don't. Remind me. Of that." I say, as a shiver ran down my spine.

"Not just Stymphalian birds," Maron said, stepping in. "All the monsters from Greek mythology, - most of them, anyway."

"So th-they actually want to kill us?" I manage to choke out.

Maron snorted, "Of course."

Willow coughed and flicked her braid off her shoulder with an unnecessary amount of flair, being the drama queen she was. How is she not surprised? I think, staring at her. She stares back and crosses her arms. Creep, she mouths at me. Drama Queen, I mouth back.

Sunshine Boy.

Hyperactive Rabbit.

Goody Two-Shoes.

"You look like a golden retriever," I whisper back.

"I could easily say the same thing about you since you're blonde like me, - so technically it applies to you as well, so you pretty much called yourself a golden -" she started shoot back in a terse whisper.

"Stop fighting you two, - did you hear a word of what Maron and I were saying?" Mom interrupts.

"Uh," I say.

"No," Willow says in a tone that clearly was conveying the message "Deal with it".

Mom rubs her temples and sighs. "You two have to go to a camp. For kids like you,"

"Children with ADHD and mental issues?" I ask.

"No, - for demigods. Children of the Greek gods,"

"There are more of us?" I ask, and we both perk up.

"Yes, - they train at a summer camp, to learn to defend themselves and learn about Greek monsters."

"That's so cool," Willow says. "How do you find this cool?" I ask, exasperated. We could be killed and she thinks this is cool, I think bitterly. She rolls her eyes. "I was being sarcastic. I'm not stupid,"

"Eh... are you sure?" I tease. She shoves me lightly.

"Well... where is this camp? And how do we know what godly parent is our dad?" I ask, after shoving Willow back, and harder. I had been directing the question to Mom, but Maron answered instead, "More will be explained at the camp, - it's called Camp Half-Blood. But for now you two need to get packed up and get there as soon as possible,"

"You just expect us to go to camp and not ask questions?" Willow asks.

"I have spoken," Maron said simply.

My twin sister's face right now resembled this: -_-

I sighed through my nose, "Okay, whatever will get us answers."