Sue me (Because I like a blond)

A/N Enjoy the fluff. I'm about to make some heart break ;p

Everyone knows what love is, but no one understands it. It's reasonable, the confusion behind it. It seems like only few know what love is, and those people are the ones in fairy tales. People who don't exist.

But maybe Hitoshi knew what love is. Maybe not fully, but he felt skip of his heart, the slight giddiness he felt, even if he did not show it. Because you see, even when sick, miserable, and feeling awful, Hitoshi couldn't help the way his eyes almost sparkled.

"I'd love to another time, but I can't right now." Denki told Uraraka. Uraraka, his crush, had asked him if he wanted to hand out in her dorm and Denki said rejected the idea for the time being. Hitoshi knew why, it was because of him.

When Denki shut the door, he helped Hitoshi sit on his bed considering his walking was rather wobbly for the time being of him being ill. 

_______________________________

When Monday was now Tuesday and Monday would come another day, Denki didn't attend school. He was called by his parents because they were contacted, considering they asked by updated as much as possible, mainly because they worried for their son.

Of course, Denki was fine. It was just Hitoshi who wasn't. But Denki was able to make up an excuse of him having 'terrible allergies'. He added fake sniffs and tickled his nose while calling so he could sneeze.

His homeroom teacher let it slide, only because he wanted to take a nap and the blond's sneezes would keep him from doing so.

Hitoshi tried to tell the blond that he'd be fine, but Denki didn't want his excuses and told him to shut up and listen. Hitoshi held a laugh in his throat when Denki tried to seem like he was in charge of Hitoshi, like he was supposed to protect him. But part of Hitoshi was grateful for him doing so.

"Can you stop staring at me like I'm going to explode?" Hitoshi asked. He was laying down, his voice was stuffed up and he kept catching Denki's glances at him. "Says you. You stare at me all the time." He complained. "How else am I gunna make sure your fine?" Hitoshi said with a raise of his brow.

For some reason, that made Denki chuckle, but Hitoshi would never complain about Denki's smile's, his laugh, even if it sounded like one big snort at times.

_______________________________

When Hitoshi woke up the first thing he saw were big golden eyes. With how close Denki was, Hitoshi was about to jump up and move away from him, but Denki beat him to it and moved with an innocent smile of obliviousness.

"What are your symptoms today sir?" Denki said, pretending to hold a clip board that didn't exist in his hands. Hitoshi just stared at him tiredly, rubbing his eyes as he sat up to stretch his aching back and wings. Being sick just made his wings feel like loose bricks on his back.

"It's already Wednesday?" Hitoshi grumbled, slumping his posture after he stretched a bit. "Yup! And guess what, I don't have to do school because I didn't sleep at all and Bakugou forced back up here. He's a real softie! Ha! Ashido was right about that. Oh! I think we should go on a walk. I heard fresh air could help, like, nature heals, ya know?" Denki says, maybe a little too fast.

"You didn't sleep at all?" It wouldn't be the first time for Denki to do something similar to this stunt, but he hasn't pulled a full all nighter before. Hitoshi felt bad, of course. He practically stole his bed. He's been terrible at protecting Denki.

"Hey dude, I'm fine." Denki says with a thumbs up and a small lopsided smile. "Anyway. It's like ten am something, so let's get outside!" He says, seeming to vibrate in his desk chair where he sat.

Hitoshi felt worse by the second. Not just because he was forced to go outside, but because of how pent-up Denki seemed to be. He was already energetic and sociable. Hitoshi was the opposite, especially because of whatever the fuck was going on with him.

When they were outside, there was a chill breeze. Leafs were on the ground, making the satisfying crunch whenever they were stepped on. Hitoshi took the opportunity to stretch his wings more, flap them a bit and make Denki's hair as messy as it could be.

The blond shrived at the big gust of wind from the white fading black wings but couldn't help but enjoy the wind. Hitoshi sniffed. He couldn't really smell nor breath with how stuffed up he was, but he didn't have a headache which was a win for him.

He still had the stupid cough though. He would either cough a few times and have a scratchy throat, or a coughing fit which sounded like a wheeze. "You seem to be doing better." Denki say's, grabbing leaf and throwing it just to watch it fall.

Hitoshi hums in agreement. He hoped he would be fine tomorrow. He's made Denki toss him things if he needed anything, which was rare, but Denki's aim sucked. More importantly, he made sure Denki was farther from him. Denki convinced him too not be too far away, but far enough.

Denki decided it was a good idea to start piling leaf's, making a leaf pile for himself while Hitoshi just him do so. It was times like these that Hitoshi let his mind wander a bit, but him and his mind have been wandering a little too much as he over thought his relationship with the blond.

_______________________________

He felt a strange pit in his stomach, one that was not anxiety, fear, worry or dread. One that he wasn't too sure on what it was. But it clicked when he realized that each time he saw Denki blush at Uraraka, he felt that feeling.

The feeling of jealousy.

_______________________________

Remember that part? 

The part where Hitoshi realized how he felt when he saw Denki around the brown-haired girl? It seemed like now that he realized that he had plenty of time to think about it. Which was stupid, and dreadful. 

Maybe he was stupid enough to slightly fall for the stupid blond boy who was able to see him. Maybe the only reason was because he could see him. Who knows. But he didn't like the realization of it. He already broke rules, even if that's not even a rule.

He swallowed down the snot stuck in his throat, shaking his head a little, trying to rid of any thoughts about liking the blond. They could be friends, yes. But Hitoshi might as well be called crazy for the thought of li-

Leafs were thrown at Hitoshi's face, by the blond he was just thinking of. "What was that for?" He asked with fake irritation, trying to act the part by rolling his eyes for good measure. "You looked all spaced out, again!" Denki says, throwing a few more leaf's at Hitoshi's face.

Hitoshi will state one thing that was good about being sick. Being sick distracted him from looking at Denki and thinking he was- something, but, being sick also made him come to terms with the way he felt because it felt right. Sue him if you will.

"Leaf's getting thrown at face won't help me get better." Hitoshi states, grabbing a leaf from his hair and tossing it Denki's direction, using his wings to make it fly onto his. He smirked at Denki's scrunched up nose and tightly closed eyes.

_______________________________

It was still Wednesday, but it was night as it could be. Denki had told him he'd be fine to sleep in his desk chair, but now, Hitoshi didn't think so. 

He was curled up in the chair, snoring, for all that matter. Hitoshi couldn't sleep. The sickness was running thin and thank god for that. But Hitoshi, wasn't sure what to think.

He might be going crazy, maybe. But what he felt was real, and what he felt, was neglected. Someone should sue him. Because he liked a blond.