Are You There, God? It's Me, Isabelle Xander [2]

"Yes, Dean," Sam said on the phone "I'll get the chips," he rolled his eyes at Isabelle, earning a small chuckle from the girl "Dude. When have I ever forgotten the pie? Exactly,"

Isabelle got out of the Impala but froze when she saw a woman standing at the entrance.

Sam took note of Isabelle's alertness and looked over "I got to go. Yeah, all right. Bye,"

Isabelle grabbed Sam's arm "Sam...that's a..."

"I know," Sam said as he continued to walk over toward the woman.

Isabelle shook her head from the chaos of voices.

Sam glanced back at Isabelle and held out an arm. "It's ok, she's a friend,"

"Liar. Deceiver," The voices chanted, "backstabber,"

"She's a demon," Isabelle noted.

Sam handed over a wad of cash. "If it makes you feel better, why don't you go in and grab the supplies,"

Isabelle watched the woman warily but nodded and headed into the store, not before hearing Sam call out the demon's name.

"Ruby?"

Ruby took her eyes off the redhead and looked back at Sam. "So, is it true?"

"Is what true?" Sam questioned.

"Did an angel rescue Dean?"

Sam sighed "You heard,"

"Who hasn't?"

"We're not 100% sure, but I think so, and so does Izzy,"

"So, that's the name of the girl with a bounty on her head," Ruby nodded.

"What do you know about her?" Sam voiced.

Ruby shrugged. "Not too much. Just that she's special, special enough that the higher-ups want her brought in...alive,"

"Special because of the voices?"

"Voices?" Ruby shook her head "Bye, Sam,"

Sam quickly grabbed Ruby's arm. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. What's going on? How is Isabelle involved,"

"Sam, they're angels. I'm a demon. They're not gonna care if I'm being helpful. They smite first, and then they ask questions later,"

"What do you know?"

"Sam, I'm lower ranks when it comes to demon hierarchy; not only that, but I'm a defiant. I don't play by their rules. So you honestly expect me to know every detail about some redhead and the angels up top?" Ruby sighed as she looked around and saw Isabelle peeking around the corner. "Watch yourself, Sam,"

Sam chuckled "I'm not scared of angels,"

"Who said anything about angels," Ruby reasoned as she took her leave.

Sam turned around and saw Isabelle watching the conversation "What happened to getting supplies?"

Isabelle held up the plastic bag. "It's not like it's grocery shopping,"

"Look, Izzy..." Sam started "Ruby is a good friend of mine and..."

Isabelle tilted her head to the side "Who's Ruby?"

Sam was confused for a second and opened his mouth to respond.

Isabelle rolled her eyes. "Look, as far as I'm concerned; you went out back to take a leak leaving me to get supplies. Whoever you met in between that...that's your own business,"

Sam nodded in appreciation. "Thank you,"

"There's not a lot of people I trust, Sam. But even though the voices are telling me to hightail it out of here...I feel like I can trust you, and I know we don't know each other all that well...but you can trust me too," Isabelle got in the Impala and took a seat in the passenger side without another word.

***

Sam and Isabelle pulled up as Bobby and Dean were preparing Bobby's car to leave.

"Keep the engine running," Bobby told Sam.

"Why?" Sam asked. "What's going on?"

"I got a friend one state over...Olivia Lowry. I've been trying to reach her for three days on this angel thing. It's not like her to ignore this many calls,"

Isabelle bit her lip as she listened to the voices.

"Olivia Lowry...a hunter, right?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah." Bobby nodded. "We're gonna go check on her. You guys follow me,"

Dean nodded towards Isabelle. "Back seat," he pointed at Sam, "scoot over,"

"Sir, yes sir," Isabelle muttered, only to yelp when Dean messed with the seat to cause her to fall flat on the back seat.

Dean immediately moved to check the plastic bag. He smiled happily as he took out a piece of pie. "Nice,"

"Yeah, be grateful I remembered!" Isabelle said.

"There's hope for you yet," Dean laughed.

***

"Olivia?" Bobby called out as he and the boys walked into the house.

Isabelle had voted to stay in the Impala as she didn't like the feeling the voices were giving her.

"Looks like the kid was right with the heeby jeebies," Bobby reasoned as he looked over at Olivia's body.

"Bobby?" Dean asked, worried as the man walked out of the house.

"Salt line," Sam noted as he moved closer to the body.

Dean moved over to Olivia's weapons space "Olivia was rocking the EMF meter,"

"Spirit activity," Sam nodded.

"Yeah...on steroids. I've never seen a ghost do this to a person,"

Dean looked over as Bobby came back in the house. "Bobby, you all right?"

"I called some hunters nearby..." Bobby explained

"Good. We can use their help,"

"...except they ain't answering their phones either,"

"Something's up, huh?" Sam voiced.

"You think?"