Chapter One

Arson could see everything from here. He was so happy to finally get his staff. After five years of waiting he had one. His father would be so proud. His aunt on the other hand wishes he never got the staff because now there's nothing stopping him from leaving. Of course he wasn't going to leave. He never planned to. He just wanted to be himself and right now he was as much himself as he can be.

"Arson!" A voice yelled from down below. It was Edric, the better of the two blight twins. At least in my opinion he is. Arson used his staff to fly over to Edric. "Hey Ed." Arson said. "Hey Sin City." Edric responded using the nickname he gave Arson. "Yeah so what did you want?" Arson asked.

"Oh yeah. Guess what?" Edric asked. "What?" Arson responded playfully. "Well, as you know, school's starting tomorrow." Edric said, trying to be all secretive. "Yeah and?" Arson asked, not wanting to pry. "Arson! The golden guard is coming to school tomorrow!" Someone yelled from behind Edric. It was Gus. "I've already signed up for his class." Gus exclaimed excitedly.

"Awsome." Arson said, trying to sound excited. Frankly he didn't really care about the golden guard. What he did care about was his friends so he tried to pretend like he cared, for their sake. So he smiled and added minimal comments on the conversation between Edric and Gus.

"Bye Sin." Gus said running off to his home. "See ya." Arson responded and turned to Edric. "Wanna spend the night at my house?" Edric asked. "Of course." Arson answered. Edric smiled at that and they walked to Edric's house together.

Edric's home was like a second home to Arson. Edric's siblings loved him and their parents tolerated him. He was welcomed more here than he ever was at his home. He was so happy to be spending the night again. It's been so long since he saw Amity and Emira. He loved them like they were his siblings.

"Hey Sin!" Emira yelled when he walked into her and Edrics Room. Amity was slouched on the couch reading. She looked up with a start when Emira yelled which made Arson laugh. "Em! Don't yell like that." Amity scolded her. "Nice to see you're still ruining the fun." Arson said.

Amity glared at him then realizing he was here she jumped up to hug him.
"Nice to see you too." Arson said, hugging her back. "I'm glad you're here. I need to talk to you about something." She said pulling back and going to grab her book. After picking up her book she pulled Arson to her bedroom, shutting the door.

"So I have a gay problem." Amity said. "You've come to the right place. Who's the girl?" Arson asked. Amity and Arson were really tight. She was the first person he came out to and he was the first person she came out to.
"Well her name is Luz and she's really cute." Amity blushed after that last word.

"And?" Arson asked. "And I really like her and I need advice on if I should ask her out or not." Amity explained. "Oh that's easy. Tell me this, do you want to ask her out?" Arson asked. "Yes." Amity exclaimed. "But I'm scared." Amity continued.

"Well the best advice I can give you is to either wait until she asks you out or go ahead and ask her out." Arson said.
"I think I want to wait." Amity admitted. "That's always a good decision." Arson said. "But what if-" Amity got cut off by Edric saying, "Just wait!" through the door.

Arson laughed as Edric said, "Can I have my friend back?" Amity sighed and went to open the door. "Come in." She said. Edric obeyed, scanning the room until he found Arson. "Hey wanna go back to my room?" Edric asked Arson. "Sure." Arson answered. They walked out the room together with Amity following.

After leaving Amity's room, they went back to Edric's and Emira's room. "I know, I need to tell her." Emira said from the open doorway. "Who's she talking to?" Arson asked. "Probably a friend on the phone." Edric answered. Amity was the first one in the room, Edric behind her and Arson last.

Amity went back to her spot on the couch and started reading her book again. "Em, who are you talking to?" Edric asked. "Just a friend." Emira answered. "Just a friend? Which friend?" Edric asked. "Nonone. Just a friend." Emira answered. "Uhu?" Edric said skeptically. He snatched the phone out of her hands. "Who are you?" He asked the phone. "Umm noone." A boyish voice said through the phone.

"Give that back!" Emira said, grabbing at the phone. "Here you can have it!" Edric said, tossing the phone over his shoulder. "That guy isn't telling me anything." Edric said. "At least we know it's a boy." Amity said, glancing up from her book. "At least we think it's a boy." Arson said. "Hey, I am a boy." The phone said. "Okay, touchy subject," Arson said.

"You're telling me." Emira said. "Hey." the boy said. "Yeah ok it looks like I won't be able to talk to you anymore so see you at school tomorrow." Emira said to the phone. "Bye." The boy said, hanging up. After he hung up the phone, Emira bagan to let her hair down. She stared at herself in the mirror, admiring herself.

"So Em, will you tell me who that was?" Arson asked. "Nope!" She chirped, jumping on her bed. "Oh come on!" Arson said. "You'll meet him tomorrow. Don't stay up all night." She said, "Anyway. I should go home." Arson said. "Really. Aren't you going to spend the night here?" Edric asked. "I would but if I did neither of us would get any sleep." Arson reasoned. "I guess you're right." Edric admitted. "Alright See you guys later." Arson said, climbing out the window.

"What are you doing?" Amity asked. "I'm flying." Arson said, on his staff now. Amity relaxed, thinking he was committing suicide or something. "I was about to say, your life isn't that bad." Edric said. Arson laughed, "If I wanted to die, I would be dead by now." He said. "That's not funny!" Emira scolded him. Arson laughed again, "See ya around." And with that last word he was off.

He flew about a mile with the breeze blowing into his hair, then he was home. Well kinda, technically to him his home was with the blights but if anyone asked him where he lived he'd say here. His bedroom was small but he was ok with that. He had his bed and his tv so he was ok. He was too poor to have much clothes. All his clothes fit into a little three drawer thing that was about a foot long.

His aunt started knocking at his door. "I want you to do the dishes, okay?" She said, when he opened the door. Clearly she'd had her fill of apple blood. She was sleepy, leaning against his door frame. "You got it." Arson answered, going to close the door. "Wait, how was your day?" She asked. "It was pretty good." Arson said. "That's good. Goodnight!" She said heading down the hall. Arson rolled his eyes behind her back.

He waited until she was fast asleep to wash the dishes. As he walked down the stairs he heard something. It sounded like the opening of cabinets. "Hello?" Arson whispered trying to stay quiet. The noise stopped, then he saw a flicker of a shadow across his vision. The shadow was heading for the window. Arson called for his staff, but before he could go after the shadow he was long gone.

Arson sighed. Turning on the light in the kitchen he examined the damage. There was opened drawers and cabinets with dishes everywhere. Some of them even seemed broken. Arson decided the only thing he could do now was clean, so that's what he did. He stayed up until one am, sweeping the floors, taking out the trash, and washing the dishes. He got rid of all the evidence. He even mopped the floors and wiped down everything. He was trying to erase any evidence that anyone but him was in the kitchen.

When he was done he went to his bedroom and fell on his bed. He was exhausted but he couldn't help but try to figure out who that was and what they wanted. The last thought that was in his head before he drifted off to sleep was maybe the boy Emira was talking to was connected to this intruder. But that was crazy, how could they be connected, if they were?