Chapter Two

Arson woke up to the sound of his aunt yelling. "Arson! Why is the window unlocked?!" Arson immediately jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. He didn't quite comprehend what she said but he was afraid he missed something while cleaning up last night. "What is it? What happened?" He asked breathlessly.

"Oh nothing, it's just that you left the window unlocked!" She yelled her voice rising to its full volume by the end of her sentence. "What if someone broke in?!" She continued. "Well no one did!" Arson lied. "Someone could've broken in and that is my point!" She yelled again. "No one did and you never said to lock the window!" Arson yelled trying to be heard.

"First of all I shouldn't have to tell you to lock the windows, it's common sense! And just because no one broke in this time doesn't mean they can't break in tonight! What if I didn't notice that the windows were not locked?!" She ranted, pacing the floor. "Look I gotta go to school! So do you think you can handle the house by yourself?" Arson asked. All his aunt did was wave a dismissing hand. So he left.

Outside waiting for him were the blights. "What was that all about?" Amity asked. "Nothing." He responded impatiently. "It didn't sound like nothing." Edric said. Arson stayed quiet wanting them to drop the subject but he had a feeling they wouldn't. They walked quietly to school. Arson ignored Luz when she tried to give him a high five as they arrived at school. "Don't worry. It's not your fault, he's always like this in the morning. Especially after a fight with his aunt." Amity consulted Luz who was disappointed.

"Did you hear the golden guard is here today." A random person said to Arson. That was the last straw for Arson. Edric saw it coming and rushed to hold Arson back. "I am so sick of hearing about the golden guard! He doesn't care about you so why care about him!?" Arson shouted at the girl.

"Whoa, someone has a short temper." A voice said from the crowd. They parted to reveal the golden guard in all his glory. Arson was still mad but he decided to bite his tongue. "What, cat got your tongue?" a boy asked from the back. Arson growled but before he could pounce Edric was there to diffuse the situation.

"Everything's alright, just ignore them." Edric said to Arson. "Everyone needs to shut up and back off! Back off!" Emira said, shoving people out of the way as they took Arson into the boys bathroom. Emira stood guard outside as Edric took care of Arson.
"It's going to be ok." Edric tried to comfort Arson as he cried in his arms. "It's always going to be ok, when will it be just ok?" Arson asked. "Soon." Edric promised. "Are you guys almost done in there? I don't want to miss second period." Emira said from outside the door.

"Do you think you can stand?" Edric asked Arson. "Yeah." The boy said quietly, getting up. Arson grabbed his pailsmen and hid him in his bag and walked out the bathroom. "Do you need us to come with you or?" Edric asked. "No I'll be ok." Arson said not looking at them.

Emira grabbed Arson's chin and made him look at her. "Hey, listen to me. You're a goddess." She said, smiling at him. He looked at her and smiled, "I know." He said. Emira smiled wider and Edric watched Arson closely, preparing for another sob fest.
"I'm ok Ed." Arson said. Edric smiled at the boy and nodded. "You're coming over to our house tonight right?" Emira asked. "Don't I always?" Arson asked sarcastically. Edric was glad the boy was acting like himself again. Emira smiled and walked off to her next class dragging Edric with her.

Arson sighed and went to his class which was abominations. Arson took his seat next to Amity and Luz. Luz and Amity were holding hands underneath the table. Arson wished he could do that with someone. He didn't even care if they were a boy despite being mostly gay. He just wished he could love someone and be loved by someone.

The golden guard walked into the classroom and life suddenly felt horrible for Arson. The golden guard looked at the potential students and his eyes seemed to rest on Arson a second longer than anyone else. Arson glared at the golden guard.

The golden guard seemed to chuckle before he was interrupted by the teacher. "Okay class, settle down. We have a new student with us today. His name is Hunter and he'll be our new transfer student for the year." The teacher said, looking at each student in turn.

"So no one cause any trouble for our newest student." The teacher said, glancing at Arson. Arson tried his best not to roll his eyes. The golden guard, Hunter, sat down at the only empty seat in class which just happened to be right behind Arson.

Hunter tapped on Arson's shoulder. Arson sighed and ignored Hunter's feeble attempts to get his attention. Soon Hunter stopped taping on Arson's shoulder and Arson was glad. He was glad until Hunter stopped him at the end of class.

Luz and Amity were waiting by the door for Arson. Arson was busy packing his things when he stumbled and his stuff went flying. "Are you always this clumsy?" Hunter asked bending down to help the boy pick up his stuff. Out of curiosity Hunter picked up Arson's pailsmen.

"Don't touch her." Arson said lunging for his pailsmen. "Woeh Woeh Woeh, calm down. I'm not going to hurt her. I just want to look at her." Hunter said dodging Arson's attempts to get his pailsmen back. "Besides, I already have one." Hunter said getting out his own pailsmen.

Arson sighed and gave up trying to get his pailsmen back. He went ahead and picked up the rest of his stuff. He slung his bag over his shoulder and snatched his pailsmen from Hunter's hand. "Are you always this nosy?" Arson fired back.

"Not usually." Hunter said following the boy out of the classroom. "Hey, I think we got off on the wrong foot." Hunter said keeping pace with the boy. "What's your name anyway?" He asked Arson. "My name's Arson and would you please leave me alone?" Arson said getting mad at the golden guard.

"Probably not." Hunter said grinning. Arson sighed and looked around for some of his friends. Edric and Emira would still be in the illusions classroom which was Arson's next class. "Well I gotta get to class." Arson said walking faster because he didn't want to be late.

"Okay, I'll see you around." Hunter said walking off to his next class. "No you won't." Arson said to himself. He sighed and walked into his next class taking off his backpack and taking a seat. He was still thinking about Hunter when Edric and Emira sat down next to him.

"So, I saw you talking to Hunter?" Edric said. "If you need us to take care of him we can." Emira said. "No, that's not needed. He'll leave me alone eventually. Besides, he's got to get tired of me ignoring him and rolling my eyes all the time." Arson said.
Edric and Emira looked at each other and almost cracked up laughing. "What?" Arson asked. "Nothing, nothing, it's nothing." Emira said between laughing. "It's just that's what you do to us." Edric said. They both laughed some more and this time Arson joined in.

In Arson's head he was panicking. If Ed and Em never got tired of him then how was he going to get rid of Hunter? Arson didn't have an answer to his internal question and for a minute he went back to the memory of the breakin.

Hunter and the intruder kinda had the same build. Of course the intruder was wearing a ski mask but Arson was almost certain that the two were identical. What if Hunter was the intruder? Arson didn't have an answer to this question either.