Chapter 4

Authors note-
Hey guys, I know I haven't posted an update in a while but that is because of school and stuff. I should be able to post more often now, I hope. Anyway the picture at the beginning is what the girls look like for this chapter. Obliviously their hair and eyes are always the same but the dresses are the dresses that will feature in this chapter and the next. The three girls are actually based around me and my friends... I just wanted to say that. Anyway I hope you like this chapter :) thanks guys. Please vote and comment. Feedback would be lovely
--Jessica--

((Jessica's P.O.V))
I shoved my key into the door, turning it before pushing the front door open. I stepped inside, trying and struggling to pull the key out of the god damn lock. Finally managing to I slammed the door closed. I took my bag and jacket off, dumping them on the stairs before dragging myself down the corridor and into the kitchen. I stopped in front of the fridge, swinging it open and scanning through the shelves looking for something to drink and something I could snack on. After deciding nothing in the fridge looked particularly appetizing I poured myself a glass of fresh lemonade. I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl before making my way back down the hallway, towards the stairs.
I picked up my bag and jacket, putting my bag on my back and jacket over my shoulder. Carefully I ran up the stairs, trying my hardest not to spill my drink as I did. Successfully I made it up the stairs and to my bedroom without spilling my drink anywhere. But there was one dilemma, my hands were full and I couldn't open my bedroom door. Luckily with one kick... my bedroom door flung open. I walked into my room, chucking my bag and jacket on the bed and placing my drink on the set of draws which was set beside it.
I fell back on my bed, taking a bite out of my apple and staring up at the ceiling. The truth is after the long day...well week I have had I feel incredibly tired. As I stared up at the ceiling I began making mental notes of what needed to happen before the party...hoping I could possibly sneak a nap in somewhere. I began making a list of things that needed to be done: shower, do my hair, make-up, get dressed, the girls arrive here. Knowing what needed to be done I literally started planning out the night ahead: the party starts at seven...if I start getting ready at around 5:30 it gives me enough time to get ready at my own pace. The girls will be arriving at 6:30 with their overnight stuff. That gives us enough time to make our way to the party.
I took one last, final bite out of my apple before sitting up and chucking it into the waste bin. I reached over to the set of draws I placed my lemonade on previously. I picked up the glass, lifting it to my lips and allowing the cool liquid to quench my thirst. I swiftly emptied my glass, placing it back down I glanced towards the clock which read 3:30.
I smiled; glad I could fit a nap in before the party tonight. I reached for my alarm, setting it for five thirty before placing it beside my bed. I led back down; closing my eyes and hoping this nap would give me more energy for the night ahead....because I knew it was going to be needed. It didn't take long and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.
The sound of my alarms constant beeping woke me up at 5:30, startling me and interrupting me from my sleep. I sighed, wanting nothing more than to curl back up in bed and get some more sleep... but at the same time I was ecstatic; looking forward to the party tonight. Feeling as though I had gained some energy I sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and slowly standing up, feeling a cool breeze hit me as I did. I turned off the alarm, stretching as a yawn escaped my lips. Feeling as though I needed something to lighten my mood and get me into the party sprit I walked towards my record player. I began to play the record I bought only a few days prior, it was by a new band called 'Queen' they weren't exactly popular. When I went to the record store the other day its art work caught my eye, I decided to buy it and I must say they aren't half bad.
Now that I had sorted out some music I made my way out of my bedroom, across the hallway and to the bathroom. I turned on the water and allowed it to warm up as I quickly stripped down and peed. Deciding the water was warm enough I stepped into the shower, feeling relaxed and content as soon as the water hit my body. I sighed as I ran my hands through my soaking blond hair; I picked up my raspberry shampoo, squirting some on my hands before rubbing it into my hair. I rinsed it out then quickly washed the rest of me. After concluding I was squeaky clean I turned off the water. Swiftly I towel dried my hair, wrapping the towel around my body before making my way over to the sink. I quickly brushed my teeth and sorted myself our before heading towards my bedroom.
Entering my bedroom I made a bypass to my wardrobe. With one hand holding up my towel I opened my wardrobe doors. I flicked through the many clothes I owned before pulling out the dress I planned to wear for tonight. I closed my wardrobe doors and immediately walked over to my bed, laying my dress out. Feeling as though I was dry enough I let the towels go, watching it as it dropped to the floor. I steadily put on the black dress for tonight. I walked over to the mirror, admiring how I looked... usually I hate the way I look, but tonight I didn't. The black dress stopped just above my knee, it wasn't a tight dress and around about my waist it comes out in sort of a puffy style. It did truly look beautiful. I stared into the mirror; I knew I still wasn't ready yet.
I took a seat at my desk, where a mirror on sat on top. I picked up my hair brush and brushed through what was now my dry blond hair. I sat staring into the mirror, wondering what I could possibly do with my hair. After trying various styles that just didn't look right I decided on curling it. I sat patiently as I curled my hair, singing along to the record that continued to play. Since I bought the 'Queen' record I seemed to be playing it no stop....it's a good record. After some time my hair was finally done. Last thing to do was my make-up. I grabbed my make-up bag and unzipped it, looking inside and picking what I needed out. I'm not really a fan on make-up...so I decided on putting only a little on. I applied some mascara...and then some eyes liner, which helped make my blue eyes pop. I must have looked like an idiot whilst I applied it though, sat there with my mouth hanging open.
Lastly I applied some red lipstick...not to bright but enough to give my lips a bit of an oomph. I looked in the mirror one last time before deciding I was done...and lucky I was. Seconds later I heard a knock at the door. I got up from my chair, walking over to my record player and turning it off.
I quickly ran down the stairs and to the front door. I swung it open to see Ellesse and Courtney both with their overnight stuff and looking just as excited as I.
"Well don't just stand there, come in" I ushered them in. Closing the door behind them and walking to the living room. They dumped their stuff on the one sofa before turning to me and literally bursting with excitement.
"I can't wait for tonight it is going to be soo fun ohhh you look beautiful jess I can't believe your wearing a dress and your hair oh my god it looks gorgeous you should do it like that more often, I can't wait for tonight it is going to be soo much fun..." I cut them both off, overwhelmed and not able to understand what either of them is saying.
"Okay, speak slowly and clearly...one at a time please" I said...slowly
"Okay...jess you look beautiful...that dress looks gorgeous and soo does your hair and make-up. Any boy at that bar is going to be drooling over you" Ellesse said genuinely, smiling from ear to ear. I could tell she was excited and she should be. I also knew that when she said I looked beautiful she was right. My dress fit me perfectly and my blond hair fell down my back in loose curls. But I wasn't the only one looking stunning tonight. Ellesse was wearing a black, silver and white dress... the top being white, covered in silver flakes; the bottom was black, coming out in a puffy style. Her blue hair looked beautiful as it flowed down her back, her emerald green eyes lit up with excitement. She was wearing a little make-up, foundation to cover any blemishes and like me mascara and eye-liner to make her eyes pop. Her lips were a dark red and she truly looked beautiful.
Courtney stood beside Ellesse looking as excited and beautiful as the both of us. Her dress was a light pink with a silver waist band/belt. Just like my dress her dress fitted her perfectly, the top was somewhat tight and the bottom came out in a flowy style. Her dark brown hair fell down her back in waves as her chocolate brown eyes sparkled. ((A/N- picture of what the girls look like at the start))
I stood facing the girls I would be going to this party with this evening. I could see that they were excited as their eyes lit up. And the truth was inside I was jumping for joy. I could feel myself becoming more and more excited as time went by and the party got closer.
"Guys I forgot to say...I know what band is playing tonight" I looked at Ellesse, desperately wanting to know who was playing this evening.
"Who? Who? Who?" I practically shouted as I shock her shoulder. It was as though I was trying to shake the answer out of her.
"This band called Queen" she said, it was at that moment I began jumping up and down. Buying that record would pay off tonight. Wanting to get a move on and make our way to the bar I slipped on my black high heels, which made me a little taller and grabbed my small black shoulder purse.
Me and the girls made our way out of the house, I closed and locked the door behind me...shoving the house key into my purse hoping to god I didn't lose it in the night. We began walking down the street, the closer we got to the bar the more excited I became....
------
We stood outside the bar which was placed on the corner of the street. Music was thumping and the bright lights from inside could be seen through the windows. I turned my head to the right meeting Ellesse's eyes; a smile was spread across her face mirroring my own. I turned my head to the left meeting Courtney's eyes, a wide smile plastered on her face.
I walked up to the entrance, pushing the heavy door open and holding it for Courtney and Ellesse as they followed behind me. We walked in and the first thing we noticed was the amount of people here.....the amount of people we didn't know. I gave Ellesse a nervous smile as we stood by the door....looking for our friend Joe (the one holding the party). My eyes finally landed on him, he was stood with a few of his friends, a drink in his hand. It was at that moment he turned around and caught my eyes, I smiled giving him a wave and he immediately ran towards the three off us.
"Hey girls, wow you all look gorgeous" he said, briefly kissing us all on the cheek. I smiled, being my way of thanking him. In social situations I tend to be very awkward, unless you are someone I know very well.
"Thanks, you don't look half bad yourself. It's been a while since we last saw you hasn't it?" Ellesse spoke. I continued to smile, neither I nor Courtney knew what to do or say
"Yeah it's been a while...hey let me get you ladies some drinks... beer okay?" he answered then asked. The answers he received consisted of three yes's. He quickly ran off to the bar to get us our drinks. I quickly turned to Ellesse hoping we could fit a small conversation in.
"I feel awkward" was the first thing to come out of my mouth.
"I can tell" she simply said before adding "just try and chill, talk to a few people...listening to the band I know you like them" she smiled; there was one more thing I wanted to say to her before Joe got back
"You like Joe don't you?" I smirked. I could tell she liked him by the way they would always speak to each other. If anything went wrong she would go straight to him, he's always so protective over her. The final point in my theory is that she always brings him up in conversation...whenever possible.
"No I don't" she said, a little too defensively. All I could do was smirk at her. Joe came back with drinks in his hands. He handed them out before picking up conversation again.
"Happy birthday by the way" I said, feeling as though it needed to be said. I took a sip of my drink straight after butting in to the conversation.
"Thanks" was all he said before resuming to the topic we were all previously talking about.
"Hey umm one more thing...when are the band playing?" of course it would be me to ask that question.
"Should be soon...they're setting up at the moment, have you heard them before"
"Yeah, I bought their record in the week, I can't wait to hear them live...I've heard they are amazing" I smiled, my voice full of excitement.
"Yeah, I've heard the same" that was the last thing Joe said to me before turning around and talking to Ellesse again. Knowing Courtney felt as awkward as I did; I began to pick up a conversation with her.
"Hey Courtney, you okay?" I asked, drinking the last of my beer. I quickly shouted for Joe to get me another one and I watched as he ran off to. I turned back to Courtney...
"Yeah, just don't know a lot of people here" she said, taking a sip from her drink
"I know how you feel, hey what about after I get my drink we go dance"
"Sure" it didn't take long for Joe to get me a drink and soon Courtney and I made our way to the crowd of people who were dancing. We immediately joined in, dancing to the beat and laughing whenever someone fell or did something incredibly idiotic.
I took a sip of my drink as I continued to dance, trying my hardest not to fall or slip in my heels. The bar was incredibly hot and I could feel myself begin to sweat a little.
All of a sudden the music stopped and the lights came down, the bar was dark and only a few lights pointed towards the stage. A voice echoed through the speakers as a man with tight leather trousers came strutting across the stage. His hair was long and black but that was the only thing I could identify because of the poor lighting. Three other men soon followed his lead, a tall man holding a guitar...that looked incredibly unique. He had long curly poodle like brown hair but again I couldn't identify any of his other features. Another man came on holding a bass, just like the others his hair was long, a light brown colour. The last man to come on had blond long hair; he twirled drumsticks in his hands as he walked on stage, now and again throwing them into the air.
"Hello my darlings, I'm glad to see some many people here tonight. Well we are Queen I hope you have heard of us before. We have a new record out and the songs we will perform tonight are from that. Enjoy!" the black hair, front man spoke. With that he turned his back to the audience. Each member of the band began to play their instruments and they began to play what I believed to be 'keep yourself alive'
I wiggled my way to the front of the crowd, pulling Courtney with me by the hand. We stood at the front of the stage, drinks in hand and dancing along with the crowd. I sung my heart out, singing every lyric which came out the speaker...seeming to be the only one to know the words, as well as the front man of course. I continued to dance and sing along to the band. Enjoying songs such as 'liar' 'great king rat' 'son and daughter' 'father to son' and 'modern times rock 'n' roll' whilst drinking my beer. .
My eyes drifted across the stage as the show slowly came to an end, trying to get a good look at each member but it didn't work. The lighting was too bad and I could still not make out any of their features. All I know is that the drummer seems strangely familiar.