☕️ 𝑪𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

There are always things that you'll enjoy, just like a cup of coffee. The caffeine, the energy it gives as it flows through your mouth. The sensation that gets you hyper and ready in the morning. How it makes you feel better and continue on with your day. Jalina didn't have that kind of comfort, she didn't even take a sip of the coffee her brother made for her. They both start their mornings in the kitchen after getting up. It was sunny enough that sunbeams came out from the window blinds. With a concerned look, he noticed how much of a mess his sister feels. Her hair all tangled up in a bun, her eye bags darkened after a few sleepless nights. She wore an oversized sweater and pants.

"Come on sis, I know you like how I made that for you each morning." Peter said while pushing her favourite Twilight Mug towards her. She pushed it away and folded her arms then rested her chin on it.

"I'm not in the mood! I'm so tired of everything."

"You never know that your day could get better."

"I don't think so..."

"Look, if you want to move on from him. You should start taking care of yourself."

Few moments later he brought out a flyer. "I'm planning to take a job at Twilight Cafe. You should also try their coffee since I bought your mug from there."

"Oh...Summer jobs. Cool." She rolled her eyes and then took the cup of coffee and took a slight sip from the mug. She smiled slightly but still felt bitter. "As I recall, Chloe works there." She added, then took another sip as Peter then started to prepare a pan to place on the electric stove. "I don't want to talk about her. She's still mad at me since I ruined her 16th birthday." He then looked a bit sad at the thought of her. "Well? You'll work with her. Be ready for that." Jalina stood up and thought she could do something for this summer. She drank most of the coffee and left it on the countertop. Her brown eyes took a glance at the flyer. It says:

"For college and Senior highschool students: WE ARE NOW HIRING!"

She then noticed Peter cooking bacon and eggs for himself. Jalina didn't eat anything, coffee was enough for her. It's what satisfied her until she heard that she got a text on her phone. She took it out from her pocket, instantly guessed who that was. Her ex-boyfriend Gale Harris.

Gale Harris: "Hey, Jalina."
Jalina Vella: "Why are you still texting me? You should just block me after what happened."
Gale Harris: "I don't want that."
Jalina Vella: "You see, we are both wrong in many ways. I ruined things, that's enough. It ends here."
Gale Harris: " You didn't ruin anything. I did. I just want us to remain friends at least."
Jalina Vella: " Don't claim my fault as yours."
Gale Harris: "No. Really I shouldn't have pressured you."
Jalina Vella: "Yeah you did. I can't change the past plus our friendship is now gone."
Gale Harris: "See it's not mainly your fault Jalina."
Jalina Vella: "After you pressured me. I still made a mistake. I harmed your little sister."
Gale Harris: "I forgiven you. She's the one who should forgive you more than I need to."
Jalina Vella: "I miss you but our parents won't let us see each other anymore. We're better off as strangers."
Gale Harris: "It can't be this way Jalina."
Jalina Vella: " It has to."
Gale Harris: " Please don't let it be."
Jalina Vella: "Goodbye."

As soon as she manages her settings to silent mode. She shut her phone off so that her day would start quiet.

Peter then noticed she didn't move an inch and stared at the reflection of her face on her now black phone screen.

"What's wrong?" He worriedly asked, she then burst into tears."That was Gale. He tried to text me." Jalina sounded frustrated and upset at the same time.

"Huh, that douchebag! He made you feel like this. You don't deserve his mother's blame after this." Peter then placed his hand on her shoulder and tapped it. He was trying to comfort her.