Bonding Over Ice Cream

Rex looked into Fenton's room. He wanted to spend time with his brother, but Fenton always seemed busy.Either at work, or being Gizmoduck,or spending time with Flora,or spending time with Gendra.But he never seemed to have time for him.
'Maybe he has time for me now.' thought Rex as he entered Fenton's room.
"Fenton,can we spend time with each other?"asked Rex when he realized that Fenton hadn't noticed that he was there.
"What?Of course!What do you want to do?Science?"said Fenton.
"Uh-no."
"Oh.Well,what do you want to do?"
"I don't know.Maybe get some ice cream?"
"Then ice cream it is!"

-

Fenton took Rex to Swann's Ice Cream Shoppe for ice cream,which made Rex happy. It meant that he, and Fenton would spend more time together after getting ice cream.
"What can I get you?"asked the kid behind the counter.
"I would like a butterscotch ice cream cone please, and Rex,what would you like?"said Fenton.
"A strawberry ice cream cone."replied Rex.
"And one strawberry ice cream cone."added Fenton.
"Coming right up."said the kid at the corner.
"He doesn't seem very enthusiastic about his job."pointed out Rex.
"He's probably tired of being on his feet all day."said Fenton.
"Here you go.That'll be $28.95."said the kid at the counter.
"Thank you."said Fenton as he paid.
Fenton, and Rex decided to sit near the back of the ice cream shop.
"It's nice to finally spend some time together."said Fenton as they sat down.
"Really?But you always seem so busy."said Rex.
"Doesn't mean that I wouldn't stop doing what I'm doing to spend time with you."
"Oh. I didn't realize that."
"Really?You really thought I cared more about work than you?"
Rex didn't say anything.There was more, but he didn't want to mention it.Unfortunately Fenton sensed it.
"Is there something else?"asked Fenton.
"Well,you spend a lot of time with Flora."said Rex awkwardly.
"That doesn't mean I can't spend time with you too.Or do you think I like her more?"
"I guess both."
Fenton suddenly felt guilty.He spent so much time with Flora that he inadvertently made Rex feel left out.
"I'm sorry.I'll spend more time with you. I promise."said Fenton.
Rex looked at Fenton in happiness.He had always wanted to have some more one-on-one time with Fenton.Now Rex was finally going to get it!
"So, what do you want to do?"asked Fenton.
Rex began to tell Fenton everything he wanted to do with him all the while imagining the two of them doing them together.