.°•~Apprehension~•°.

The night was dark. Sapphire blues and shimmering stars were painted across the sky, the new moon allowing the trees and houses to be dusted in nothing but pale starlight. All was still and quiet, even the rivers and valleys seemed to be sleeping soundly, cold breezes just barely licking at the ends of tree branches and shudders. All was peaceful.

     Dave lay in bed, finally getting the long awaited rest he so desperately needed. The scientist had been locked away in the depths of his lab down below, studying any and all new information brought about by his research. He'd barely realized when the clock struck midnight.... or 1... or 2... and before long he found his head bobbing at his desk at the ripe hour of 4 a.m.

     It was at this point he finally decided that his bed sounded more attractive then his work, and sluggishly wheeled himself to that soft oasis he knew awaited him. His biology, on the other hand, had very different plans, and as he lifted himself into the soft mattress and shuffled under the covers, he felt a hot, writhing feeling inside of him. He groaned, knowing what this meant, but opted to ignore the tent growing steadily in his sweatpants in favor of sleep.

     The nagging feeling in his abdomen was hard to ignore, every shift and breath only making it worse, but after just 15 minutes his battered mind found sweet relief in slumber as he finally drifted into unconsciousness. The darkness enveloped him in a soothing silence, and as time lulled by all to fast, Dave felt at peace. Or, well, at least his mind did. His crotch? Not so much.

          \\\\

     Dale stalked the shrubbery around Dave's house, praying no one would see his small form in the darkness. He'd chosen this day specifically to finally meet this mysterious man, the man he'd somehow grown infatuated with. He waited for a new moon for total darkness, for a day when no one was out or about at night, and, most importantly, a day where Tristan wasn't home.

     It had been months since Dale started stalking Dave. He'd noted when he came and went from his house, what he did around town, who he talked to and what he'd say, anything and everything Dale could hear or see was valid information. He wanted to know more about him, his fear of social interaction being the only thing keeping him from it. Maybe, he thought, if he got to know everything about him, the desperation to be near him and feel his soft skin and warmth would finally fade, and he'd feel content being alone again.

     This effort was frivolous, however, because learning of Dave's habits and interests only made Dale want to be near him more. The soft smile and strong laugh of this man only made Dale fall further, and he found himself thinking of Dave nearly every day. The lack of contact was driving Dale crazy, but his fear outweighed his desperation most of the time, and he'd slink back to his large meat warehouse after a long day of watching his favorite person simply exist.

     As of late, however, the desire to hold and caress Dave's face finally outweighed his fear of people, and he found himself making a plan to go see him without bothering anyone, even Dave if he could help it. The plan was to wait by the scientist's house after dark until he knew Dave was in bed and asleep, then he'd wiggle his way through either his vents or window and just... watch. Watch him sleep, maybe even touch his soft face a little, see what it felt like. And maybe, if he felt particularly brave, lay in bed with him for just a few seconds, just to hear what it would be like to sleep by his side. Just this once, and he'd be done.

     Finally, as he peered once again through Dave's window, the bed wasn't empty. Dave had fallen peacefully asleep, head poking out from the soft white blankets covering him, and Dale's heart leaped at the sight. He quickly got to work testing if the window was locked, and to Dale's surprise and absolute delight, it wasn't. He slipped in as softly as he could, and stood there for a moment, in Dave's room, frozen. He was really here. Face to face with him. No one else was around, it was just him; alone, unaware, and unbothered. It was perfect, he was perfect.