6| One and Him

THE POLICE HAD arrived at the scene. The sound of sirens and their flashing light were oddly reminiscent of the incident but Ji-ah was not focused on that. She, even with the heavy rain pouring down on and drenching her, kept writing down in her notepad. 

None of this made sense. The man that had appeared both in the wedding and the bus, the old man that had made her carry him and disappeared right after or his words about how he had saved her life. 

The detective that had arrived at the scene with the police stood in the rain holding an umbrella talking to the emergency staff that had arrived alongside. "I said no pictures!" He screamed at the by standers that had gathered around the crashed bus. "You need to stop them. Seriously!" This was directed to the officers that were putting up the caution tape around the scene. 

He didn't seemed to have noticed her, the rain clouding his vison but suddenly he said, "Hey, Ji-ah. What are you doing here?" He approached her crossing over the tape to hold the umbrella over her head as well. 

"Detective Baek. You almost had to process my corpse today." She said, not looking up from her notepad. 

His eyes almost bulged out of his head, the confusion evident on his face. "What the fuck are you talking about?" 

She let out a sigh, "I almost got on that bus." Finally, looking up, her eyes seemed to burn holes in the bus. He questioned her again, the  words coming out of her mouth were making their way into his ears but not his brain.

"That was my bus. I was supposed to be on it."

He glanced at the bus as if he could not believe what she was saying, "Are you serious?" 

"Five are dead and one survived" Came one of the medical officers and reported it back to detective Baek. He nodded at him. 

Something wasn't right. Ji-ah interjected in between with, "There should be one more person." The already confused man, once again, asked, "What?" He was beginning to notice a pattern around here. 

He stared at with his eyebrows scrunched while she stared right ahead at the bus. "There were seven people on that bus." She told him. 

"Are you sure?"

"I saw it with my own eyes." She replied, her eyes filled sincerity because it was true she had seen seven people on that bus and the man with the umbrella was on it. He's the only one missing, there wasn't a body or anything. "He probably got off." The detective said. She realised that she must've said her thoughts out loud. 

She knew that wasn't the case. "No, this bus didn't stop before the accident. There's no bus stop in the tunnel." 

He glanced around in fear? Confusion? Realisation? She didn't know but he handed her the umbrella and crossed over thee tape once more. "I need to check something. Get out!" 

---

DEATH TRAP ROAD 144                                                        Only 1 out of 6  survived                                                                                                                                                Published yesterday 

Shin-ju stared at the article that had come out last night while sitting on one of the couches in Yeon's house. "Only 1 out of 6 survived." He read the words out loud, these were the cause of his Lord's actions. 

Yeon came out from his room while putting on the jacket of his suit. "Let's go." He said, heading straight towards the door. 

"Too many people died." He stopped in his tracks and turned to him.