4| Expensive Shoes

SNAIL BRIDE

LEE YEON SAT in the fantastic restaurant of Snail Bride. Which might look ordinary from the outside but the creatures inside were magical. A delicious-looking meal was in front of him along with Shin Ju, who had urgently called him to meet up. Shin Ju had told him it was a code red meaning that there was a danger of being found but he wasn't worried, no human was smart enough to unveil his identity.

Shin Ju looked at him worriedly, "Are you even listening to me?" Yeon, who didn't look concerned asked, "About?" Shin Ju's eyes widened, "That... That producer brought fox fur." Yeon glanced at him and went back to his food. "Did we get caught?" He asked. Shin Ju rested his hand on the back of his chair, trying to act cool. "No, I'm very experienced in these cases." He bragged.

"Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a fox or a human." He flaunted, completely different to the person he was mere seconds ago. "Good for you." Yeon sighed. "Anyway, I have the chills." He whispered. Yeon sighed, again. Something he does a lot you'd notice. They came out of the room they, well Yeon, were dining in. The red umbrella in Yeon's hand. They stopped at the counter where the owner of the Snail Bride, Snail bride, or Bok Hye-Ja was standing.

Yeon took out his wallet to pay for the food. "Did you enjoy your food?" She asked with a smile. "Eh. So-so." He replied. She rolled her eyes and lifted his card, "Do you want to pay monthly?" "No, at once." He replied. As she was swiping his card, Shin Ju gasped dramatically, while staring at the tv.

Yeon didn't pay attention to him till he said, "Mr. Yeon. Look. Look at that." Well, he still wasn't looking. "What is it?" He asked annoyed. Shin Ju pointed towards the screen. It said, 'Searching for Ghost Stories in the City wants your report.' Alongside a picture of Yeon holding the red umbrella. Yeon's face wasn't visible in the picture, the unique thing was the pattered umbrella.

"It's you, right? What do we do?" Shin Ju asked. Yeon tilted his head in fascination. "You shouldn't use that umbrella for a while." Hye-Ja said. He raised the umbrella in his hand and said, "This? No." He shook his head. "Tell that person to try and catch me if they can." He said, looking at Shin Ju while pointing at the screen. He propped the umbrella on his shoulder and walked out. "Do you mean that?" Shin Ju asked, following him.

Yeon raised his hand that wasn't holding the umbrella as if basking in the sunlight. Shin Ju came running out of the restaurant and said, "I told you it gave me the chills. You're famous at the broadcasting station."

---

BROADCASTING STATION

A boy with dark hair and glasses walked, smiling, around the ground level of the television station. He was wearing a t-shirt, a flannel, and a hoodie all on top of each other with a pair of loose trousers. His posture was awkward, with his hand in his pockets and a slanted stance.

He looked around with a big smile and a curious face. Ji ah noticed him, as he looked out of place in between all the office workers wearing professional clothes. She approached him, "Are you the one who reported?" She asked him. "Yes." He answered, his smile never leaving his face.

"I'm the producer of 'Searching for Ghost Stories in the City' " She said. "Can you give me your autograph on this later?" He asked pointing to his back, well hoodie. "I watch each episode twenty times." He said, excitedly. She smiled and pointed to a seat, "Please sit down." They both sat down.

The boy looked around with excitement as if he had discovered a whole new world. She placed her phone in front of him without wasting any time, " So, you saw him?"