Page One

The dark moonlight illuminated the unlit fields, as Damien, the prince of Devlocsea blankly gazed upon where the tall wheat grew. He softly sighed, sleepiness taking over his now tired body, as he rested his eyes for just a small moment.. The dark haired boy thought about his day, how boring, miserable, and unexciting it was. Like every other day that passed by. He was used to it by now, but it still sucked to live like this.

Damien didn't have many friends, given he was the heir of a huge kingdom. Sure, he was 'friends' with the gardener, Christophé, who always carried a shovel on him no matter what. Not to mention the fact Christophé carried a heavy accent that made Damien feel tingly inside.

He was as well 'friends' with his always nervous maid, Rebecca, who was always seen chewing on the lower bottom of her lip, twiddling with her thumbs whenever someone spoke to her. (He absolutely despised the maid's brother, Mark.) But, they only existed just for his entertainment, Damien told himself.

He wasn't typically fond of people, everyone just irritated him in a way he couldn't understand himself. Yet, despite his crucial loneliness, he never set foot outside of the safety of his father's castle. Did he want to explore the outside world? Of course.

But his father, Lucien did not allow him to, not at all. Damien had always asked, and implored to go outside the castle, albeit, he was always met with one simple answer. No. Damien knew better than to disobey his father. Last time he did, it didn't end so well for him..

All Damien could do was stare at the green scenery, watching from afar. And that's what he did, every single day. His eyes shot open, snapping out of his thoughts, as he heard a loud knock at his wooden door. A deep, gravely voice spoke up, which made Damien roll his eyes upon knowing who that voice belonged to.

"Damien? Are you still awake my boy? I do have an serious topic I need to discuss with you at the moment. It shall not take long."

The dark prince huffed out of pure annoyance, as he responded back to his father, groggily;

"..You may enter.."

Heavy footsteps stomped into the room, the noise bouncing into Damien's ears. Lucien sat on the window sill, sitting to the side of his son, facing his head towards him. Damien's father was a tall, dark and broody man.

The king was known for many things, specifically, his.. preferences for men, rather than women. Damien didn't mind all that much, his father was just more accepting than others. That's all. The man's deep tone changed into a softer, lighter one.

"Son, this is important, so I want you to pay close attention. Alright?"

Damien grunted in reply, as he forced himself to look at his father straight in the eyes, lazily shaking his head. He quirked up a brow, signaling Lucien to go on, and that he was actually listening to his words for once.

"...Alright then, I'll be leaving this month for a special trip-"

Damien cut his father off mid sentence, his voice booming with annoyance.

"Oh, let me take a guess. You want me to stay here, in my room for the next month? No thank you."

"..You're not listening, Damien.."

"Ugh, why should I listen to you? You say the same thing almost every time you leave.."

The king sighed, shaking his head. He put a hand on Damien's shoulder, hoping that would bring back his attention.

"Son, I want you to come with me on this trip."

Damien's eyes widened in disbelief. A feeling of suspicious,yet slight excitement bubbling up inside of him. Did he hear his father correctly? Or was his sleep deprived mind playing tricks on him?

"Pardon? You want me to go with you? How come? You never let me outside, why now?"

Lucien took his hand off Damien, rubbing the back of his head in a sort of nervous manner. As if he was afraid how his son would react once he told him the REAL reason why.

"Hm, how do I explain this properly.."

The king mumbled, speaking to himself in a slightly worried tone of voice.

"Well, Damien.. Since you now are of age.. It's time for you to choose a spouse-"

"WHAT?!"

Damien bellowed in immediate rage, cutting his father off. He glared at Lucien with burning anger, clearly not liking the little information he was just told. He did not need a lover to feel happy!

"I am not getting courted to anyone! I can handle the kingdom on my own!"

Lucien shot his son a dirty look, and Damien immediately stopped talking. His body was still seeping with madness though.

"Look Damien. You get to choose who you'll marry. You know about the neighboring kingdom, yes?"

Damien squinted his eyes, his eyebrows knitting together in slight confusion. What was his father talking about? There was a kingdom that was built next to them? How come he, the prince of Devlocsea, never heard about this? Lucien must've noticed Damien's pure confusion, as he then proceeded to tell him what the kingdom was.

"They go by the name of Angkinsea, it is a very nice place there, Damien. As I was saying.. The king and queen were so kind to allow you to choose your spouse out of their three children."

"What if I do not want to choose any of them?"

His father's lips curved downwards into a stern frown, as Lucien let out a heavy, frustrated sigh. The king of Devlocsea shook his head, looking out the window.

"You have to choose, Damien. Otherwise I'll pick for you, and I know you will not like my decision."

Damien grumbled profanities under his breath, folding his arms in a cross manner. He didn't even want to marry anyone in the first place. This was stupid. But nonetheless, he couldn't help but feel a bit curious about the three. What were they like in personality? What did they look like in appearances?

"Whatever. And what exactly are the names of the children?"

"Ah! Thank you for reminding me of that, my son. The eldest of the three is Estella. She's roughly a few ages older than you, but not so old. There's the middle child, Gregory, I believe he's the same age as you. Finally, there's Phillip, who most refer to as Pip instead. He's a few years younger, no less. I believe you'll end up liking one of them, Damien."

The dark haired boy let out a annoyed breath, his father leaving his room soon after. Damien was a bit excited that he would finally leave this bothersome castle, and see the outside world for the first time in years. On the other hand, he was practically being forced into choosing someone to marry.

Whatever would happen though, there was no definite chance of Damien ever falling in love with anyone.

----
----

hehe :3