three

All eyes were on her, she hated it. She loved attention in her previous school but being asked to the front to introduce herself to a bunch of strangers was not the kind of attention she liked. When the teacher had come in the classroom, she immediately looked at Samantha and told her to come up front to tell something about herself, now there were all looking at her in either anticipation or boredom. "Hello everyone," she started, "my name is Samantha."

The silence was awkward and she looked at the teacher, "tell me about your hobbies or something you like, sweetie". She fought the urge to roll her eyes at the teacher and looked back at the people in front of her, "Well, one of my hobbies is-" then she fell silent again. What were her hobbies? She didn't really think of things she likes to do as hobbies. "Ehh...I love to travel to Europe and do citytrips there. I also like to shop with my friends or go to the beach." She then said, hoping she didn't sound like a spoiled kid which she probably did.

She heard some people whispering among themselves and she decides this was enough 'introducing' so she walked back to her desk and sat down. The teacher smiled at her and started her lesson. Samantha glanced at the tattooed guy who was not paying attention to the teacher but instead was talking quietly to his friends. She found it rather strange; the guys didn't fit together visually. The inked guy gave a dark mysterious aura and looked like a rebellious kid while his friends looked like rich sports jocks, very similar to the guys in her previous school.

Her previous school was one were only rich kids got a chance to go to. But this school was more inclusive, there were a lot of rich kids as well but also average kids with normal income parents. She didn't doubt it that there were kids from low income attending here too, those kids she should stay away from. All troublemakers, maybe not all but most of them.

She turned her attention back to the teacher and listened to the lecture, writing down in her textbook when she had to. It was English, a subject she was good in. Her parents had basically forced her to read advanced books since she was younger so her vocabulary couldn't be bad, and even if it would be her parents would probably give her homeschooling in the weekends. The bell rang and everyone started putting their books away in their backpacks, she did the same and put it on her shoulder. She left the classroom and followed her classmates to the next lecture.

After two hours it was finally lunch break, she put the books she already used today back into her locker and closed it. Her phone buzzed in her pocket when she started walking to the cafetaria, she took her phone and looked at the notification. It was a text from her boyfriend, Drew. It read, "Hey, how is your first day going there? Me and our friends are missing you :(" A smile crept on her face and she responded, "it's okay for now. I'll tell you everything when I come back home. I miss all of you too <3"

She walked into the cafetaria, the sound of people talking was loud in this big space, kinda made her feel lonely because she didn't have her friends to talk to right now. Samantha found a table where no one was sitting at so she sat down at it, then she took her home-made salad out of her backpack and placed it in front of her. She started eating while she looked around, everyone had their friends sitting with them, some were sitting alone like her but she didn't wanna seem like an outsider. She just had to find the right people to sit with and be friends with.

Just like the movies people were divided in groups, you had the jocks, cheerleaders, art kids, alternatives, goths, nerds, average kids and some that looked like rich kids. Their watches shone brights when the sun reflected on them, their clothes looked like they were expensive, just like hers. She decided she would try to sit at their table in the near future, she was determined to fit in with them because that is where she belonged.

Three girls then approached her, their clothes looked like they came from SHEIN or some different cheap Chinese site. "Hey, would you maybe want to sit with us?" One of them asked her, she was blushing which means she was probably shy and collected a lot of courage to walk up to her. Samantha looked them up and down a shook her head slightly, "Nah, sorry. I'm good." She fake smiled at the girl who asked and went back to eating her salad. They probably didnt expect that answer as they froze a bit but walked away quickly.

She sighed and didn't look back at the trio, instead her eyes fell on the inked guy from her class. "What is it about you that makes me want to know every single thing that's going on in your life?" She muttered to herself, still with gaze on him.

-

I know it's a short chapter, but I hope you liked it. And don't worry, she won't be mean forever (: