Chapter 15: A turn for the worst PT 2

June 1, 2023

London, United Kingdom

1:15 AM GMT

Y/N POV:

EAS Alert: *on ham radio* This is a Civil Danger Warning broadcasted at the request of the Government of the United Kingdom and the London Police Department regarding the ongoing situation in London. This is not a test. Police officials are continuing to ask all individuals and businesses to shelter in place until the all-clear is given. If you must leave, please be aware of your surroundings and follow orders from Military and Law Enforcement. Officals are also asking for reports of any suspicious activity or notices of any individuals dressed in white clothing and military gear. If you see anything, call the police and get to a safe location as they may be armed with weapons, explosives, and chemical agents. We will continue to provide information about the developing situation until the situation is resolved. We will now return to regular programming...

Newswoman: *on ham radio* Breaking news on the attack at the London mall. The confirmed death toll has gotten up to 100, with many more unconfirmed deaths making the estimated death toll over 500. There are also thousands more injured or missing. As of now, no country has been pinpointed as the perpetrator of this attack but rather a large terrorist group known as the "White Masks" has been confirmed as the aggressor. The UN and NATO are currently having an emergency meeting at UN headquarters to discuss this major attack along with many other attacks that have been carried out by this group and come up with a plan for further action. Due to security concerns and for the safety of the participants in this meeting. They are not permitting anyone to enter the meeting area except for country officials and security forces therefore we are unable to provide live footage of the meeting. The meeting area has also been locked down and a temporary "No-fly-zone" has been implemented over the area. We will now go over to Johnathan who is on the scene at the mall.

Newsman: *on ham radio* Thank you, Trina, so far I haven't been able to pull any doctors over to interview but even as a bystander here I can see that this is a very chaotic situation. I am here outside standing in the middle of the treatment area. The hospitals have been overwhelmed so medical personnel have set up a field hospital out here to treat people here. I have seen countless people being wheeled from tent to tent, in fact, we have one coming right now, and... oh... oh my... Bill turn the camera away now don't record that... oh may I think I'm sick ... oh...

Y/N: Hey, can one of you please shut the radio off?

Nurse: On it sir!

Y/N: Thank you

I was currently standing in the middle of a tent that was designated as one of the surgery tents doing... well surgery. I was currently performing an airway reconstruction procedure on a 23-year-old female whose airways had been damaged. The gas caused burns and blistering in her windpipe which led to her developing scar tissue in there. I was was tasked with removing the scar tissue and reinforcing her airway, making sure that her airways would stay open and clear.

Dr. Scottman: I swear, every news reporter I've seen is a complete and utter dumbass.

Y/N: No kidding

I was fortunate enough to have another doctor to help me with all the operations I had to do today. Scottman was a medic for the SAS, a trauma surgeon just like me. Usually, when doing surgery I would be accompanied by multiple doctors and nurses. But at this time medical staff were spread thin trying to treat everyone. So the fact that I had another doctor and four nurses was a mini miracle.

Y/N: Well, I think we are just about finished, we removed the scar tissue and added reinforcement.

Dr. Scottman: Alright then, let's stitch her up and then pull her off anesthesia and see if she can breathe better.