The Call From Another Time

FOLLOW IF YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER. I WILL TRY TO BRING MORE AMAZING CHAPTERS IN THE FUTURE.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru POV:

I am sitting on the ground panting heavily and clutching one side of my body due to extreme pain that covers throughout my body. This wound is pretty deep and there is no chance of survival after this. This seems to be my end, facing the back towards the rock and slowly dying, all alone. At this time I can hear the voices of my subordinates and friend. I don't know what they are trying to say as their voices are hazy and unclear. But one clear thing is that they are worrying about me. Instead of worrying about their own lives, they are worrying about the life of someone so worthless that he can't even defend themselves from the invading humans.

This was one of my greatest fear. Abandoning the people that have my utmost trust, that they could even fight with Demon lord and True Dragon if I am with them. My only wish in this life is that they could survive this entire ordeal and become strong not to avenge me but to protect themselves and survive. As there won't be any Rimuru Tempest that can be with them and shield them after tonight. Although their eyes are watery and there is a look of exhaustion on their faces they still followed the last order that came from me. That was to exterminate them all and Survive. The important thing is to survive.

Things won't change even if they cry over someone like me who can't even save himself from the first wave of the human soldiers of the empire. Slowly but surely I can feel my heavy eyelids closing and the soul in my body slipping away. If there is another chance that God will give me, I will become strong. Strong enough to not only protect the people I care about but also to purge my enemies.

Ciel: Master It's time for you to wake up or you would be late for your morning briefing.

After hearing the familiar voice, I woke up sweating heavily. Wait, I am not sweating but that dream was too real. As if I have lived through that time. What is even happening? I know for sure I can't dream. These dreams don't leave me and haunt me.

Ciel: You are experiencing a severe anxiety attack master.

Rimuru: Me? Are you kidding me, Ciel? What's happening to me? Many of these dreams keep haunting me recently and each time it ends with me dying and me seeing a hazy figure of a girl.

As if she can't leave me in agony and despair Ciel informed me of the things that have been happening to me lately. The things that I am desperately wanting the answers to and the things about the hazy figures from my dream that I have been longing for.

Ciel: The things that are happening to you master is that you or rather your soul are merging with the Rimuru's of different timelines.

Rimuru: But how is that possible Ciel? They are already dead and there is no alternate universe and parallel timeline in Cardinal World as of right now and there won't be any as long as I don't create one. The cardinal world is absolute and is in the centre of all multiverse.

I don't get how it happens even after Ciel has pointed it out. Even though we are at the point where there is no war and the world is at peace for a couple of years. Even though a couple of years have only passed since the war. For me, it felt like only yesterday that we were facing a world-ending calamity.

Ciel: That is the reason master as there are no other alternate universes for Cardinal World, The memory of every other version of you is projecting in you. If you want I can stop those memories.

Rimuru: You can do that? Then why have you haven't done that until now? And why only I'm suffering from this?

Ciel: Yes, I can do that but I thought that it would be good for you to know the dreams and as for why it is only happening to you that's simple because you were the one who made multiple branch timelines and you were the one that also gave the power to erase those timeline.

Rimuru: Oh, Great I don't know why these things are happening but I want to know who was the person that appeared at the last in my dream. She was familiar and I feel like I know her from somewhere. I was sad when I saw her crying.

Ciel: That person was Chloe, master. She is waiting for you.

________________________________________________________________________________

I KNOW THE CHAPTER IS SHORT AND THERE WILL BE MANY CHANGES HERE APART FROM THE ORIGINAL NOVEL AS THIS IS THE FANFIC THAT IS MAINLY FOCUSING ON THE ROMANCE AND GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER. OTHER THAN FIGHTS.