Part 21

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

{Party Time Pt. 2}

"What? No!"

Cami protested, but it was useless. At this point, every choice made concerning her was being made by Sarah. "Thank you, JJ." Sarah let out a sigh of relief and JJ took Cami by the hand. He guided her through the crowd.

"Y'know, offering to do this doesn't make you Superman." Cami spat at him. "What do you mean?" They reached the kitchen and JJ kept his grip on her hand. "You know what I mean. You're not special for babysitting me."

JJ got out a bottle of water and held it to her. "I'm not trying to be a superhero, I'm trying to help out JB." Cami pushed the water away. JJ sighed and handed it back. Cami wouldn't take it "Seriously?" He groaned. JJ held the bottle up to his mouth and twisted it open with his teeth, keeping his grip on her hand firm.

He spat the lid onto the ground and pushed it toward her once again. She refused and moved her head away. JJ held the water to her lips and she reluctantly opened her mouth. He poured the water into her mouth and let her swallow before giving her more.

As she stood with her head tilted upward, letting a pogue waterfall water into her mouth, she caught a friends gaze out of the side of her eye. The girl gave her an amused expression and Cami rolled her eyes back at her.

"Here." He demanded and she took the bottle with her free hand. "Let's go," He dragged her through the crowds of people. They reached John B and Sarah after a moment and found the two laughing. "Here, take her."

JJ let go of her hand and pushed her gently toward Sarah. "Well, I guess we should go." Sarah sighed and John B's smile faded. He looked at the girls and gave JJ a sympathetic look. JJ's face fell as he realized what he was saying.

"No." He protested. John B grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the girls. "No, no, no, John B, bro, no-" Cami heard him plea as they walked too far for her to hear. "Where's your lid?" Sarah asked, digging around in her bag for her keys and noticing Cami's water was open.

"On the kitchen floor." Cami smiled and Sarah paused in confusion. The boys returned and John B gave JJ a look, silently telling him to speak. JJ let out a long sigh. "I can sit with Cami until you guys are done." John B jammed his elbow in JJ's ribs. "Ow!"

"Oh, no, I couldn't ask you to do that-" "I insist. Really." JJ gritted through a clenched jaw. "No, it's fine-" "Let's go, Cam." JJ took Sarah's keys in one hand and Cami's hand in the other. "Have fun!" He waved to them with the keys clutched under two of his fingers and pulled her out of the house.

"Why would you do that?" Cami struggled to keep her water from spilling as they quickly made their way to the sidewalk. "Because John B asked me to." He fiddled with the keys. "Where's Sarah's car?" He turned to her.

She took a drink of her water and shrugged. "Cami," She kept drinking, "where is Sarah's car?" He demanded. Cami swallowed and wiped her mouth with her forearm. "I don't remember." She shrugged again like it was nothing.

JJ groaned loudly and threw his head back. He looked down the street one way, then the other. "You don't remember which direction?" He held his hand with the keys out toward the road. Cami shook her head.

He groaned again and pulled her one way. "Then we better start looking." He pushed the unlock button on the keys in hopes when they got close enough the car would beep and he could find it. "Let's just go back to the party." Cami pulled back.