The Arrival

Just a little disclaimer the video is of Cedric the real life world known Cedric who I based the Cedric in this book on! The picture is also of Cedric hope you like the book.

I already everything packed up and ready now all I had left was three more bags. Those three bags were for riding only.

The first bag I put my Charles Owen helmet in and made sure it was safe in a helmet then put in the first duffle bag. I also put my paddock boots which were kept in a bag for boots. Then I safely put it in the same duffle bag as my helmet.

The second bag I my riding shirts in. I had more room in the second bag so I decided to put my breeches in the bag to. The final bag was the smallest bag so I put my english spurs and all of my riding accessories. That includes my bows I show in and extra hair ties.

When I was done I headed down stairs to where my dad was.

"I am ready to go to the barn to get Cedric and my tack box dad" I said

"Okay meet at the car in 5 minutes is everything else in the back seat" my dad said.

"Yea I got all for suitcases and I am about to put these bags in the back seat with them" I said

I went out to the car and my three riding bags in the back seat. We made a plan so that we could put the tack box in the trunk in the back of the SUV.

I got in the passenger seat and waited for my dad to come out of the house. When my dad walked out of the house he asked me if I was ready for my dream to come true. I nodded my head in agreement to what he said.

When we arrived at the barn my dad went in to my old tack room and got my tack box and my bonnets which were in a smaller box. My dad put the two boxes in the trunk. My big tack box had a English saddle, 2 bridles, 5 halters with lead ropes, 3 saddle pads, and my grooming box. I almost for got my first aid kit for Cedric and my supplies to wash him.

I ran back into the barn and got my shipping set for Cedric I walked into his stall where he stood waiting for me. I put on his blanket and made sure their was no tears. Then I put on his shipping boots. I finally put on his halter and lead him out of the stall.

My dad had the trailer hooked waiting for me to come so I could Cedric in side. I walked up to trailer and lead Cedric inside. I made sure the hay was filled and he had water.

I closed the trailers doors and walked back in the barn and grabbed Cedric's stall sign and his LickIt. I stepped on to the tire and opened the window and hung up his LickIt up so he could lick it on the way to the academy. I went back in the stables and walked into the office which I was surprised by I banner that said good luck Alexis on it.

Their was two wrapped presents and one Gift bag. They all ran and hugged me and said Congrats we will wait for your return. I was so shocked and amazed by how much trouble they went through to do this for me.

"Open your Gifts" said Claire one of my best friends at the barn

"Okay" I said

I opened the first wrapped present which had wrapping paper with horses running on them. I opened it up to find a Leather halter that had a name plate that read Cedric on it. The halter had a leather and chain lead rope attached to it. Their was two custom bonnets a red bonnet with Olaf patch and a black bonnet with a monster energy patch. I told them thank you they asked me to continue. I decided to open the next wrapped gift the wrapping paper had a design of polkadots. I opened it up to find a picture of me and Annie my first lease horse and a certificate. I looked up in shock asking is she mine. The owner of the barn nodded her head I almost bursted into tears. I ran and hugged them.