2- Curiosity Killed A Cat

POV;

You made your way to the library after hyunjin dropped you off. You could see the sun coming up as you made your way into the library.As soon as you walked in you darted your way to the mythical genre book section. You stares at all the books, searching to find one about the vampires in the world, ah ha. You grabbed it slowly and read the title: Humanity VS Vampires.

You flip expeditiously through vintage looking pages and stop when information catches your eyes: "Vampires were once at peace with humans, humans personally just disliked and feared the creatures. They were pale, had outrageous teeth, and most of all, they imperiled humanity because they dispatched humans and when they died, humans become reborn into another one of the vampire population, basically turning other humans into cannibals to feed on their own kind, the ones they used to be. And humans wouldn't have survived without the war, the more humans the beasts feed on, the more vampires there will be in this world to swallow humanity until there's no human flesh remaining to live."

Your eyes widen. So all this time..you thought this crap wasn't real. Why come nobody talks about this? Are they too scared to? Will it summon vampires? What was the reason to ignore such a tragedy that happened years ago..? Not that bringing up a tragic incident would be the most happiest thing. But you wanted to know.. why nobody ever told you about it? Was it a humanity secret to never be heard or talked about from anyone?

You flip 2-3 pages and continue reading: Now after every year, each vampire ages. All vampires when they are born, they start off as being 100 years old in vampire culture. And they age from there, the limit vampire age is 50,000 ranging from 60,000 years old. After that, on a full red moon, at least 1,000 vampires die. Randomly choosen from the golden-ager population of vampires. Then the rest of the younger generations of vampires would continue to age and die on the full red moon then more would be born. It was called the "cycle of a blood baby."

You stared at each word with curiosity. You flip back about 10 pages and read: vampires often need about 1 gallon of blood at the beginning of the month, that amount usually lasts for the whole month until the next. But since nowadays vampires hardly ever see humans anymore, they tend to sneak around around in the other behalf of the world. But if they got caught..they would be dead. This time around, over 10,000 vampires have been spotted and killed by humans if they step foot in their land. Vice versa with humans sneaking around in the vampire land. Vampires protect themselves from sun using special earrings that were a cherry red color made up of heat protectant inside the mental which averts them from turning into ashes because of the heat. Also vampires sometimes protect themselves from humans too, they use makeup to change their pale skin and pretend they are humans to manipulate humans or their prey. The only time you can tell if they are vampires..is if they are hungry or feel a strong emotion. Their eyes turn a dark bloody red and fangs grow. Also vampires are extremely strong. They have twice the strength then the average human, they can shape-shift, read one's mind, and super speed to any place they wanna go.

Wow, that's a lot to take in for you. At least this book is somewhat helpful. Maybe it'll help you understand the past more. As you close the book, you head to the counter and the librarian looks up at you. "Anything I can help you with?" The women asks. "Yeah.. I would like to buy this book." You say, sliding the book on the counter. "200$ please." The women haggles. Your eyes nearly pop out your eyelids. What kind of book was this? You knew it had lots of information but you'd think it wouldn't be valuable like that. Who did she think you was? Some history teacher? You were just a curious girl who wanted to know the past. Did she think you was a billionaire? Because for sure, you damn sure don't have 200 dollars on you. "Um..never mind." You walk away embarrassed.

It's not like you didn't have 200$..it's just that you didn't have it on you, it was in your bank but you felt that price was too high for a dusty book that had looked like it has been on the shelf for years. You put it back on the shelf and stare at it. At least you were able to read it here..you sigh and trudged out the library. You go inside the nearby coffee shop across the street and the bell rings. You ordered a americano and all of a sudden you hear a voice, "Oh hey y/n!!" Karina one of your closest friends,waved from her seat. You smiled and sat across from her.

"How are you girl?? You seemed really drunk and wasted from your birthday!" She joked

"How are you girl?? You seemed really drunk and wasted from your birthday!" She joked. "Yeah..I'm fine." You brush off her humor. It is silent for a moment as you finished swallowing, "Something on your mind girl?" Karina looks at you puzzled. "Why does nobody talk about the vampires and humanity war?" You blurt out. Karina stares at you weirdly but laughs. "Girl..because that's old. And plus it's not a hot topic like it used to be centuries ago..you shouldn't worry about it." Karina chuckles. "But is it really true that there's vampires here?" You inquired, curiously. "Yeah..some probably roam around here but not a lot-" you interrupt her, "Where are they?" You request with a straight face. "I don't know girl but I think you should just stay to yourself. You know..curiosity killed a cat. It's best if you don't think about it too much." Karina warns.

Curiosity killed a cat..but it couldn't kill you if you went to find them because you believed they weren't real. Curiosity killed you inside, you knew you shouldn't think too much into it but karina's words has you interested.

Will you let your intrusive thoughts win?