the difference between a oneshot and a scenario

I... don't even know why I have to write this actually. I'm not mad (I SWEAR I'M NOT I JUST WANT GOOD REQUESTS AA). Keep in mind that this isn't directed at anyone, but something that has been bothering me. Again, pinky promise, I'm not mad.

I noticed that there were some nice and awesome people who have requested! I'm really happy about it. But I also noticed that 95% of them are requests for oneshots. And so I made this chapter to briefly and quickly clear up some things!

Let's quickly define a oneshot and a scenario.

Let's start with a oneshot. In most x reader books, a oneshot usually only focuses on one ship/pairing (character x reader) in the same chapter. A oneshot is defined as a story with only one chapter.

As an example, let's say, I write just one chapter all about Green hiking with the reader. That is a oneshot.
As another example, let's say, I write just one chapter about Red adopting a pet chicken with the reader. Now that is a oneshot!

When requesting for a oneshot on an xreader, you give a pairing you like, and maybe a plot if you're nice, and the writer writes just one chapter about it with that pairing only.

Moving on to scenarios; in case you haven't noticed, every scenario chapter's name is a prompt that can be used to create scenarios of some kind.

For example, "meeting them" is a prompt for a scenario where you meet the stickfigures for the first time.
As another example, "they find a way to confess" is a prompt for a scenario where the stickfigures try to figure out how they can confess their feelings to you.

When requesting for a scenario, you give a prompt without a pairing.

Here's a few examples!

"when you steal something from them"
"when it's your birthday"
"they get clingy"

Here's a miniature list of their properties (I sound like a faltering STEM student):

Oneshot
• Revolves around one pairing only
• Has to follow a very specific plot
• A story (with only one chapter)

(Boyfriend) scenario/s
• No limit to pairings and/or characters
• Improvisation is okay as long as the prompt is still being used/followed
• A what-if scenario, basically

It's difficult to explain them both but hopefully this clears up some confusion. Lmk if you have any questions!