💀How the Club Works💀

~ RULES ~
We gotta have 'em.
We may be punk, but we're not punks. There is a difference.

Don't be rude - It's just that simple. Rudeness and bullying are not tolerated in Pretty in Punk. This is a community and a family. If you don't know how to leave feedback without tearing someone down, this is not the place for you. Anyone caught leaving rude comments will get a strike. Get caught twice and you're out of the club. We don't give three strikes here.

On the other hand, if you are here just for the reads and only want sunshine and happiness blown up your a$$, you are in the wrong place. We are here to give constructive feedback and help you become a better writer. That often includes tough love and things you don't always want to hear. We're all adults here. So, if someone leaves you a comment you don't like, pull up your big boy or girl pants and ask yourself, is it mean or is it true?

Do not argue with those leaving feedback. If there's something you don't agree with, either ignore it or have a friendly discussion about it. You may find out that something doesn't read the way you think it does or you may change your reader's mind. But having knee-jerk reactions to comments isn't helping anyone.

There is one thing we REALLY don't like to see: comments starting with "I think you meant..." It comes off as arrogant. Try "Did you mean...?" Same thing, whole different attitude.

Language - No, we're not talking about f-bombs here. All entries and communication must be written in English. You can have all the f-bombs you want!

Follows - This account (prettyinpunkbc), along with the accounts of our management team AmyMarieZ and authordonnataylor must be followed for your entire duration in this club. These follows must be from a main account, not a backup account. Also, this book needs to be added to a public reading list and your library so that you get our updates. You are not required to follow the team leads, but it is strongly suggested that you do so. If another member or team lead follows you, return the favor. It only takes a second to return the love. If you don't follow them then they don't follow you, and it's a lose-lose for both parties.

Book Entries - You may only enter one book. Your entry must comply with Wattpad guidelines. A minimum of 6 chapters is required, however we prefer you to have more. Author's notes, aesthetics/casting, or prologues/epilogues less than 1,000 words do not count. We accept all genres with the exception of graphic books, rant books, playlists, poetry, or quote books. If you join with only 6 chapters, you will be required to have 8 chapters by the time you complete the third cycle with your team. If you don't, you'll be moved to another group (if available) or removed from the rotation until you add more chapters or another grouping becomes available. If this lasts more than two months, you'll be eliminated from the club and will have to reapply. The purpose of this book club is to get and give feedback. If you're only giving/receiving feedback on the first few chapters, then no one is gaining anything from this experience.

Members - Eligible members must be 21 or older and have an established account of at least six months. There is no exception to the minimum age requirement. If you join and we find out you are under 21, you will be removed from the club, no questions asked. We will do our best to place members in groups we think will be the most enjoyable and satisfying to them. However we cannot make any guarantees that all groupings will be perfect. You may not like some genres and some of our members may not like yours. That doesn't mean you can't give constructive feedback on things like plot, character development, grammar, spelling, formatting, etc. If you are unwilling to read mature or LGBTQ stories, we respect your decision, but your application will be denied. However, if for any reason you feel you cannot read a story, shoot us a PM explaining why. We can try to work something out.