Being a Butler Isn't so Bad

(Y/N POV)

It's been about 4 days since I got employed at the Rocherian palace, and honestly it hasn't been so bad. Luckily Vi is super low maintenance and just has me fetch tea or watch her door so no one bothers her. You'd think that would be boring but it gives me ample time focusing on magic and getting it to internally flow. The hardest part of this job is easily dealing with her younger sibling Xerna.

Xerna is far too cunning for my liking, each conversation is a game of chess trying to hide things about myself. She definitely knows there's something up with me, she just disguises it as an interest in the servant her and I quote "dear older sister had scavenged off from the bin called Hyle Prison Compound." To say I was scrap really got under my skin but I have kept it professional so far.

Fraia has also stopped by Vi's room to see me a couple times. Though that was the concerned mother shtick. Making sure she picked a good man, and useful servant. Other than that Fraia held pretty decent conversation if I could catch her in a good mood.

The best part unsurprisingly was getting to really learn magic. We continued with the manipulation of existing elements like changing the shapes of rocks to changing fundamental properties of objects. Like making a solid stone less dense then water, and altering the texture of items too.

Currently Vi was going over some reports from towns near the Lyche River. She said something along the lines of the towns starting to trade with the human towns near the river, but I wasn't really paying attention I was still thinking about magic. I noticed something move to my left so my head snapped in that direction.

Xerna: Heya servant, you looked like you were seriously thinking about something, mind sharing?

Y/N: Sorry Princess Xerna, I shouldn't bore you with my unimportant thoughts.

Xerna: nonsense servant, a member of the royal family deigns to listen to your thoughts. You shouldn't brush me off like that.

I never even got the chance to answer when Vi had opened her door and glared at Xerna. Xerna sent one right back at her. Standing here was making me restless when Vi had turned to me.

Vi: Y/N can you run these reports to the administration office for me. Then on your way back can you bring the book so you can study.

Xerna: Some alone time with your servant sister, finally getting naughty? May I sit in in this so called study session of yours.

Vi: You can believe whatever you want, but if you really want to sit in on Y/N learning our language and customs you are welcome to.

The language and customs study was our clever disguise for magic studies, unfortunately I will have to actually study vocabulary if Xerna does in fact sit in.

Xerna: Does he really need to understand the customs, and he can speak fluently so does he need language lessons?

Vi: I can do whatever I please with my servant. Now Y/N grab the reports and be dismissed.

Frankly I was kinda glad to be away from whatever the hell was going on between the two sisters. I looked back only once just to see the hard glare Vi was shooting Xerna with, I mean if looks could kill I think Xerna would have been vaporized brought back to life then vaporized again. Now that's a thought can you vaporize something with magic, I'd have to ask Vi that later.