chapter 14: 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌

A THREAT. That was all it took for the most influential families in the eastern kingdom to gather and talk about how they were going to keep their stand in the kingdom.

They were challenging the king and the royal family for two reasons. One, being all too obvious is the fact that their influence would be affected once Izana was crowned since the crown prince was against them and in no close relations to any of their families.

Two, being that Izana was not of royal or even noble descent. According to one of the ancient laws of the kingdom, a commoner cannot attain the title of a royal unless wed to one. But in Izana's case, it is quite difficult.

Shinichiro believed that Izana may still be a prince regardless of his blood because he was accepted by the king. His legal documents proved more than that and the high priest has already declared him a royal.

Be they fight the truth, it can't change the fact that Izana was legally a prince because of all the former king has provided for him, proving without a doubt that he is a member of their family, the royal family.

Although, another problem arises. Now that they were certain that Izana was not a descendant of the crown nor a nobleman, it begs to question the ancient rule of keeping the royal bloodline untampered.

There was an explanation for why royals choose to marry other royals or at least nobles who are close to such. It keeps their influence within the crown safe. It was the same cause, power.

People are now raising the question of whether Izana was still plausible to rule. He is a prince at heart, his abilities and intelligence are without a doubt spectacular itself, but the question of his background begs to differ.

Now, people are looking at the king for his next order. Will he banish these families who served the monarch for generations? Or change the Eastern law just in time for Izana's coronation?

Simply, none of it was possible or at least, he couldn't put anything in order on such short notice.

If he choose to banish these families, the council would be unstable and havoc would be raised. They also own numerous businesses in the kingdom, had he banished them even more people would be affected not just those nobles.

Secondly, if Shinichiro wanted to change the law, he could. But it would take at least several years for the high priests and other loyal servants to the monarch to approve and appeal to this decision.

The ability of a commoner to become a king depends on the specific laws and customs of the kingdom in question. Typically, the position of king is hereditary meaning the position is passed down within the family.

The crown was always ready to protect its standing within the kingdom and people often questioned this specific Law. They were firm in their decision that such a law was set for the sake of keeping their monarchy and influence in keep.

As of now, everyone awaits the king's decision and the crown prince's revelation.

If the crown prince fails to gain the respect and trust of the people, it may lead to political instability and challenges in the rule.

"Grand Princess, please! The king forbids you to leave the palace. Aren't you worried that you may face danger again after what happened at the capital?" Your lady-in-waiting pleaded with you.

Hiromi gestures for the knights to come to her aid and hopefully, they would also persuade you into staying inside the palace walls in fear that those rebels would strike again.

"Your Highness, we have strict orders from the crown prince and his majesty the King that you are to be kept in your quarters in the meanwhile." Draken blocked your way.