The Battle Begins

Third Person P.O.V.

Mayu walked with her team members, Titania and Sara, as she headed to the battle lobby. The other members of her team were already there, waiting for them.

"I hope we don't go up against the Splatters. Lizzie said they're scary." Titania muttered.

Mayu laughed. "So what? We're the Inketes! Nothing scares us!"

Mayu turned to face both of them. All three smiled.

"We are Inketes! We have pride! Saki-chan is our guide!" Mayu yelled, holding her hand out, her palm facing the ground.

"We fight hard for our prize! Inketes are on the rise!" Titania cheered, putting her hand over Mayu's.

"Together we work as a team! Inketes will crush you with ink beams!" Sara finished, laying her hand on top.

Al three threw their hands in the air. "Inketes!"

"Think ya got a shot against us, do ya?" A husky voice yelled.

Mayu looked directly where the voice came from. Three boys decked out in Splatters uniforms were leaning against the outer wall of the battle lobby.

"Oh no." Sara murmured.

"Splatters!" Titania cried out in fear.

The three boys walked up to Mayu and the other two.

"The name's Deku. I'm second-in-command for the Splatters." The closest boy to Mayu said.

"I'm Mayu. I'm the weapons manager for the Inketes."

"Weapons manager? What the hell do you do? Polish the things?"

Deku's teammates laughed.

"I make sure we have the best weapons to whoop your team's sorry ass!" Mayu snapped.

"How old are you? Twelve?"

"I'm seventeen!"

Deku laughed. "You're still a little......flat."

Mayu slapped him hard across his face. "Perv!"

She walked into the lobby, Titania and Sara on her heels. Saki looked at the three and played with Mayu's hair.

"What's wrong, Sweetie?" She asked.

"The Splatters are a bunch of pervs." Mayu answered.

"Let out some steam. We're going in next."