Turf War 1

Mayu's P.O.V.

I balanced my Roller on my shoulder. Titania and Sara had simple guns. Titania carried a N-Zap 85, and Sara had a Splattershot Pro. I was always the only roller on our team. It was my set. The others couldn't control it.

Maxine, our subteam Captain, was one of the strongest. She had high-leveled gear, and she had the most unigue weapon on our team. She had chosen to use the ink brush, a recent release.

When we spawned, our hair turned blue, showing our ink color. Titania and Sara both sank into crouches. Maxine and I had our weapons on our shoulders.

"Blackbelly Skatepark!" Titania yelled.

A canon fired, signalling the start of the round. Titania and Sara prioritized our spawn area as a place to cover first. Maxine and I ran ahead to gain some ground.

"Splatter uniforms ahead!" Maxine yelled.

"Fantastic!" I hissed, sarcasm leaking into my voice.

I instantly recognized Deku. I grabbed my necklace and transformed into a squid. Once I was in the ink, I let my roller refill. Deku looked right at where I was. I easily slid under him since he was on the edge of my ink and his own, and I slammed my roller down on top of him when I changed into my human form.

"Deku's out!" One boy yelled.

I looked at him and immediately froze. He had a Splattershot Pro pointed right at me.

"Ya must be pretty good if ya got Deku." He snapped.

"Do all of you talk like countrymen?" I asked.

"Nah. Just a few of us. We ain't all guys either. We got girls with us, too. Maybe you can come to my team."

"There is no way in hell I'm joining a team with that pervert."

"Deku may be sexist, but he ain't no perv. That's just how he flirts. He's stupid."

I watched as the boy shot his ink to the spot next to me. He walked over, kissed my cheek, and smiled.

"The name's Daisuke." He mumbled.

"I'm Mayu." I answered, blushing slightly.

"Well, Mayu, once we're done here, I'll treat you to an after game snack. For now, stay away from me. I don't want to be responsible for such a pretty girl's death."

He changed into a squid and swam away. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts, and screamed when I was shot in the shoulder. I fell into the ink that surrounded me, and I struggled to get up. Deku stood in front of me, a smirk plastered on his face.

"You're not much of a challenge." He said.

He aimed for my head and instantly fired.