Chapter 2

When the day of the camping trip arrived, everyone gathered at the designated meeting point. The group was perplexed when they noticed two Volkswagen vans that resembled the iconic Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo. Jeongyeon, who was in charge of the car rental, had surprised everyone with her unusual choice.

"Jeongyeon unnie, the vans look funny" Tzuyu said in disbelief.

"Don't let the looks deceive you Tzuyu. These vans are legendary. These were used by the famous actress Sora Wan Lee for her honey moon trip." Everyone let out a disgusted look after hearing this unwanted fact.

"I wonder what she they did in this van" Dahyun said scratching Chaeyoung's shoulder.

"Yeah, and why did she need two vans?" Chaeyoung was in pure confusion.

"That is not important now" Jihyo smacked Chaeyoung shoulders for adding more concerns regarding the van situation.

Jihyo composed her mind and spoke," We're going to a trip after ages and I don't want this van reason to stop our vacation plan".

"Though, please be mindful of your surroundings and check for sticky substances" Jihyo added.

"That's yucky" everyone's stomach turned upside-down.

"No one did anything. That was two years ago and now the vans have been fully water washed and upgraded with new softwares", Jeongyeon walked casually towards one of the vans to load their luggages.

"Now, who wants to get in and solve the mysteries troubling their life surrounded by calming nature", Jeongyeon held her hand high up to lift up the enthusiasm.

Everyone looked each other in disbelief and finally gave up since the group had no other go and entered their vans.

To their surprise, the vans were surprisingly comfortable and clean, with plenty of space for everyone to relax and enjoy the ride.

Sana had initially hoped to board the very same van as Tzuyu, hoping to spend more time together. She did, however, end up in the other van with Mina, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Jihyo. She sat down next to Dahyun. As the group shared stories and joyfully discussed the itinerary for the camping trip, the van echoed with laughter and chatter.

Sana found herself having lively conversations with Dahyun as the journey progressed. They all laughed at Mina's amusing anecdotes and teased Sana about her notorious clumsiness. The discussion also included how many times Tzuyu caught hold of Sana just as she was about to fall for the nth time. Everyone laughed as Sana's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. It was a two-hour journey, and Sana was grateful to be seated next to Dahyun, whose easy-going nature and kindness lightened her mood and tensions. Though her mind was preoccupied with Tzuyu, she couldn't deny the pleasure of her friends' company.

As the vans arrived at the campsite, the campers unloaded their belongings and started putting up their tents amid laughter and friendly banter. The scent of the forest mingled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, creating a relaxing yet energizing atmosphere. The day was filled with exploration as they hiked through trails, played games, and shared delicious meals cooked over a crackling campfire as night fell.

Sana stole glances at Tzuyu every now and then throughout the day, her heart pounding furiously in her chest. She was in a situation where Tzuyu was sitting next to her, so she gathered the courage to speak up, barely above a whisper. "Tzuyu, I... I've always admired you," she started, her eyes glistening with vulnerability.

But before she was able to finish, the crackling fire erupted, providing a brief distraction that drained her courage. Sana bit her lip, her heart sinking as she wasted the opportunity, unable to come up with the words once more.