Chapter 7: Deus Ex Machina

Two pairs of eyes stared down the two people going against leaving the train cabin, one pale-blue gaze belonging to me, the other grey pair belonging to Dokja-ssi.

The old geezer and Lee Hyunsung-ssi stiffened under our gazes. Oh yes, by the way, I'm calling Han Myungoh an old geezer now and no one can stop me.

"Do you want to die from that guy beyond the iron door or do you want to try your luck outside the train? Which one will you choose?" Dokja-ssi stated with his left hand on his hip.

"U-Uh..."

"Your choice!" I smiled menacingly, hands on hips, mockingly copying Dokja-ssi's gesture.

"Dokja-ssi, is there any guarantee that the person beyond the iron door is an enemy?" Lee Hyunsung-ssi asked hesitantly. "Since they are coming from another carriage, it will likely be a survivor. If we meet..."

"Lee Hyunsung-ssi, look around you," I gestured to the bloody room before continuing, "In the next cabin, the same thing has happened. And there won't be any bugs to kill in there."

Lee Hyunsung followed my words before he opened his mouth and quietly spoke out loud.

"...I was too careless. Let's find a way out."

"G-Go! Go quickly!"

At this moment, everyone was aware. The other survivors of the carriages would've gone through the same thing as them. Except, they killed humans instead of grasshoppers.

"This is broken!"

"Damn, we can't go this way!"

Everyone got to work checking the doors.

Apart from the doors connecting the passageways, there were a total of eight access doors on the subway. Three exits hadn't been confirmed yet.

Kung! The ominous sound of breaking and iron being twisted rang within the enclosed space as I tried to force open the train door. Hnnng... No luck.

"Everyone, come here. I found a working door." Dokja gestured as he opened the door. However, the door cracked open around one-fifth of its length before stopping like it was jammed.

"...It seems to be broken here as well."

"How about other places?"

"This seems to be the only place where we can escape."

It was unknown for a child, but the gap was too narrow for men and women to escape. Both the old geezer and Lee Hyunsung tried to pull the doors open but it didn't even budge a bit.

I doubted if I could help. After all, my skills weren't quite physical-based.

"Lee Hyunsung-ssi. Use a skill." Dokja-ssi was the one who spoke up. As expected of my oppa! Wait, no. I don't know him that well yet, I should stick with Dokja-ssi for now...

"Huh? "Skill..." Lee Hyunsung-ssi looked a little lost, just like a cute puppy. No, more like a giant teddy bear because of that height. I bet he gives the best hugs!

"You should've checked it when you opened the attributes window. Lee Hyunsung is a soldier so there must be a skill you can use in this situation."

"Well...I have one but how do I use it―"

"Just think about using the skill."

"...Will that work?"

"It will. I did it earlier."

"Ooh! Me too, it worked for me before when I was fighting that white-haired teenager." I smiled as I gave Lee Hyunsung-ssi an encouraging pat on the back.