Chapter Nine

Warning: Mentions of Bodily Functions, Blood Sharing, Language, Lewd Language, Smut

~April 2022~

I am sitting across the table from Chrissy, who is going on about her new budding friendship with Billy. I could tell the pair were getting close due to their own friendship with me. It was nice to see my presence in Hawkins was already starting to form a bridge between the two groups without being Steve and Eddie’s mate. I can’t help but smile at her excitement, “He asked me if he could tag along the next time I go feeding.”, she blurts out, “I’m okay with it as long as you and Eddie are okay with it.”, she adds. I shrug slightly, “We can talk to Eddie about it, I trust Billy and I know no harm will come to you if he is with you, but Eddie should be made aware of this.”, I tell her.

She nods in agreement, “True, but maybe now you and Eddie can finally have some alone time without always having to worry about me.”, she wiggles her eyebrows at me while chuckling. I nearly spit out my drink of water, “It isn’t like that Chrissy, Eddie and I are just friends.”, I tell her, no one but Eddie, Steve, Eri, and I know of me being Eddie and Steve’s mate. She rolls her eyes and scoffs, “Oh come on, I can see the way he looks at you Y/n. It’s plainly obvious he is into you. And I can tell you are just as into him.”, she states. I feel my face grow warm as I think back on the dreams I have had in the past about the pair of young men.

“I mean I absolutely adore Eddie, he took me under his wing alongside Steve when I told them what happened back in New York.”, I tell her, I had previously explained to her last month why I was so adamant about being with her when she feeds, and how I can relate to her situation with being scared of feeding from humans. “I think you would be good for Eddie, he deserves to have someone like you in his life. I have known him for years and life hasn’t been so kind to him.”, she tells me. I sigh at this because Eddie had told me about his time growing up, his childhood wasn’t the best and how he was treated growing up.

“I hope I can be someone like that for him, even if it is just as a friend. I trust him with my life.”, I state, Chrissy nods once more in agreement because she feels the same. We continue to chat as I finish my lunch, I hug Chrissy goodbye outside Benny’s. My phone goes off in my pocket, a smile grows across my face when I see it is Steve calling me, “Hey darlin’. Eddie’s birthday is coming up, I was curious if you’d like to help me pull something together for him. I think he would really appreciate it.”, Steve asks, my friendship with the pair brought them closer together, forming an unlikely friendship.

“Yeah, I was actually thinking about that myself, I honestly have no idea what the fuck to do for him. Any ideas?”, I reply, I hear Steve chuckle softly on his end, “Not at the moment, but I am sure we can come up with something perfect for him.”, he says. “It has to be a surprise, we can meet up tomorrow and brainstorm because Eddie and I are going feeding tonight, I am getting so close to gaining better control.”, the tone of his voice is proud, “I’ve heard, I am so proud of you Y/n.”, Steve adds, I can hear his smile without even seeing it. 

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Later That Night~

I am surprised to see Steve accompanying Eddie when they exit the treeline of the clearing, but his presence is welcomed. They seem to be chatting excitedly amongst themselves, they smile big when they approach me, “With the progress of your feeding, we feel like you can track down and feed off something tonight on your own.”, Eddie suggests. His words make me hesitate slightly, but I shake the feeling away because I want to please Eddie and make him proud as my mentor. I give him a nod, “Eddie and I will be here, should you need us, howl and we will find you.”, Steve offers.