family evening

TW: MENTION OF CHILD ABUSE, ADDICTION AND PAST SA

--
08.23 PM

(818) 505-3477

Hey Cass it's Moon
I was wondering if you wanted to be friends :)

oh hi moon
ofc I would want to be friends!

The girl's jaw dropped when she saw the message, her crush wanted to be friends! And she added a smiley face! The girl turned to lay on her stomach, kicking her feet in the air like a fan girl of some sort, she looked at her phone again.

Mom

I'm going to be late again
I have to pick up Cara from the train station

Cass sighed, turning off her phone standing up from her bed, and walking out of the room. She walked into the hallway turned and knocked on Caitlyn's door. 

She heard a quiet "Come in" and she opened the door

"Hi," She smiled, sitting on her made bed. 

Caitlyn turned in her chair. "Hey, What's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that Cara is coming" She clapped on her thighs and crossed her arms quickly.

"No, please" Caitlyn begged, looking at her sister. 

"Unfortunately yes" Caitlyn began to tear up and ran to hug Cassie. The two girls embraced for a while. 

Caitlyn hated Cara, it was unclear why, but they never had a good friendship, because Cara was a child from a different dad than her. Every single one of them had a different dad. 

Cara's dad got Anna pregnant in high school, so she stayed with him and got married, a year later, she cheated on him, but acted as if the baby was his. That was Cassie, and the same thing happened with Caitlyn's dad. 

Well, Cara's dad, Ethan Reed, is an alcoholic and would abuse Cassie and yell at Caitlyn, loads of fights every day that ended up with Casey being thrown and slapped, and Caitlyn being yelled at, but Cara was his golden child. So that's why Caitlyn hated her.

Anna divorced him when Caitlyn was 8 and Cassie was 11, and they moved from their old house  to this apartment, but Cara chose to stay with her dad because he loved her and stuff, She began talking bad about Cassie over the phone and that's why she hated her

The younger girl pulled away. As she did the doorbell rang. The two looked at each other.

Cassie made her way to the front door, taking a deep breath before unlocking it, In front of her stood Cara and her mom. 

"Hi" She shot her older sister a smile,

"Hey," Cara grabbed her bag and walked inside the apartment with Anna behind her. 

"Wow, cool place Mom" The older girl expressed. "So where do I sleep?" She asked 

"The couch in that little room" Cassie spoke up, her arms crossed, Cara gave her a confused- dirty look. "Sorry, if you want to be the special child, go back to the alcoholic piece of shit"