02.

SOREN || WELLS

I don't know when and I don't know how but I could always tell if someone was good or bad.

I could always sense if someone was a good or bad person just by their aura. When I was young I didn't trust it completely and I got hurt, mistreated, and wronged by so many people. It wasn't just the bad people it was the good ones as well.

After a while, I learned that no one, not one person is 100% good or 100% bad. On average people radiate an aura that is 50%-70% of goodness.

There's a balance because no one could be that good or that bad, right?

Wrong.

I was so wrong. When Amaris Wells first walked into Bridge Wood she seemed so familiar but she was a stranger.

A stranger that radiated darkness. Her aura was empty, it was nothing I felt before. Her aura radiated nothingness, there was no ounce of good in her.

When she walked passed me my entire mood changed. I felt an emotion that I can't even describe and it filled my body.

She wore the softest smile every day. She didn't speak out of turn, only in response. The bright, soft colors she wore to school contradicted everything about her.

I didn't immediately hate her. Even then I didn't trust that overwhelming feeling but I didn't trust her either.

The hatred for her was never there until sophomore year - the year when my trust for her started and ended. I hated everything about her from light brown eyes to her dark - almost- crimson hair.

I hated how good she appeared when I knew her true self. I hated how cruel and mocking her smile was. She infuriated me.

How could she?

How could she parade around in school pretending to be good? Playing the role of a goody two-shoe that does no wrong.

I felt like I had to be the one to judge her. To unmask the wolf that hiding in sheep's clothing. To make her life a living fucking hell.

She was a simple, uninteresting girl.

After years of observation, I learned she was just a normal girl who liked taking pictures of the most random things. She worked at Buffy's dinner after school and always carried around this book, I would sometimes catch her writing in it.

There is nothing to her. She was just there in the world. She went unnoticed by a lot.

But imagine my shock when this simple, uninteresting, normal girl created fire from her hands.

I was terrified, I'll admit that. I thought I was going crazy because there was no one I saw fire erupt from her hands and burn me.

Never would I have thought she was something much greater, extraordinary even. She was out of this world.

"SOREN" I was interrupted by the banging on my bedroom door. My sister Sadie was the one who was yelling.

I got out of bed and walked toward the door, yanking it open.

"What"

"Are you okay? Your hand looks better but I mean it still looks fucking disgusting." She said completely ignoring me and walked right up to me "Maybe you should skip your chemistry class, you wouldn't want a repeat of yesterday?"

I thought she was seriously concerned but then a smile began to show on her face, she was making fun of me. I pushed her shoulder and walked towards my closet and she followed.