Cafe

The two spent all morning packing, and it surprisingly took them a while despite most of George's stuff being at home already. Dream helped George tidy the apartment as George folded all his clothes into the suitcase, as he spoke about all the places he wanted to go when he got to Florida.

"I wanna go to a restaurant with you when we get to Florida, or maybe a cafe." George yelled from his bedroom I to the living room, where Dream was cleaning the counter as he made breakfast and got crumbs everywhere.

"A restaurant and cafe, what do you want to go on a date or something?" Dream smiled, scrunching up the paper towel before throwing it in the bin. He made his way over to George's bedroom and peeked around the corner, seeing George face palm himself with a smile.

"Well, I was wondering if we could go to a cafe together today. That's where I was gonna take you." George said, not noticing Dream right behind him. Dream froze for a second, wondering what George meant by that as it sounded a lot like he was taking him on a date.

"You're taking me on a date?" Dream walked in the room, making George jump a little as he was taken by surprise. George turned around and faced away immediately, acting like he was continuing folding his clothes.

"Well, no we're going to a cafe together." He denied it. Dream was a bit confused as to how George was so confident with his flirting in a separate room, but when they were in the same room he wouldn't dare flirt back.

"As bros?" Dream laughed, knowing it most definitely was a date George just didn't want to admit it. George shook his head and continued folding the clothes, Dream walked over and decided to help him.

"You're not a bro." George smiled as he scoffed a little, shaking his head side to side as he continued to not look at Dream, who stood next to him and began folding the clothes with him.

"What am I then?" He turned and looked at George, who looked back at him. George looked at him fondly for a moment, as if he had a wholesome answer of some sort, but he shook his head almost as if he was disagreeing with himself.

"Dream." George said after some hesitation. Dream knew George would probably say something dumb, and George did just that but it sounded different. It seemed like it actually meant something other than a sarcastic joke because George didn't laugh or smirk after saying it.

"And what does that mean to you?" He asked, facing George as he handed George a small pile of folded clothes to go in the suitcase.

"You're just Dream." He simply repeated himself. It definitely had a meaning behind it and Dream really wanted to know what it was.

"Why am I just Dream to you?" Dream asked, leaning forward because George kept looking away and trying to hide his face. Dream assumed he was probably blushing. He noticed George avoided eye contact when he was either blushing or was nervous.

"You ask a lot of questions." George zipped up the suitcase. Dream knew he wasn't going to get anything out of George by doing this, he clearly had a meaning behind it and was going to say it eventually.

"Do I?" He smirked as he watched George furrow his eyebrows to process what he just did. Once he realized, he lightly punched Dream on the shoulder and rolled his eyes.

"I think everything is packed." George sighed, looking around the bedroom to see if he was missing anything. Dream looked around too and tugged at the drawstrings of his hoodie.

"All my stuff is packed too, I didn't unpack much of my stuff." Dream said, he turned around and looked at George, who took a step forward so they were standing extremely close together. Dream saw George's eyes dart from feature to feature for a moment, before taking a step back.