Ancestors Ch 2

"Shh, Pounce, be quiet. I hear somefang. Stay here," I told my custodian before I crouched and swiftly crawled into the brush. I headed towards the intruders. No one ever really came into my territory, and when they did they'd have to deal we either me or Pounce. He was my ferocious yet snuggly meowbeast lusus that has two pretty mouths with many, many teeth. I couldn't imagine anything happening to him, especially if a stray cholerbear got to him! I wouldn't have been able to live with myself.

I continued to prowl through the woods and soon enough I saw the intruders. It was an adult troll and a younger one who looked about my age, probably four and a half sweeps. Old enough to start growing bigger horns. His are still really small. Mine look like Pounce's ears! I kept them in my sight for a bit, then decided to go in for the "kill". I wouldn't actually kill them, I'm only just five sweeps myself. Old enough to know how to write functionally.

I leapt out of my hiding spot and pounced on the young one, tackling him to the ground. He lets out a frightened yell as his hands scraped against the brush. The older one shouted and shoved me off, picking up the previously pounced on one and started to run off. Before she got anywhere though, I grabbed onto her dress and yanked her back. She seemed surprised by my strength and was taken aback, yanking her dress away.

"Wait miss. I'm pawsitively sorry for pouncing on him, but I couldn't help but wonder why you're in my neck of the woods," I told her. She stared at me with wide eyes for a bit before I noticed the younger troll she has in her arms was bleeding- bright red in fact. My eyes widened too because his arm was all mangled. "Oh my god, he's hurt!" I exclaimed, reaching out towards him. She pulled him away from me.

"Don't touch him," she shouted protectively.

"D-Dolorosa, it's okay," he said shakily, trying to sooth her.

"Look, I don't mean any harm. I can help! My hive is only a little ways away. Pounce and I have a lot of medical supplies, more than enough. He obviously needs to rest, I've been injured like that and Pounce wouldn't let me out of my 'coon for a week, and not out of the hive for a month! Please, just let me help," I pleaded, using my sad young meowbeast ganderbulbs to persuade her.

"Please please please‽" he questions. There was silence for a long second.

"Where's your hive? Does anyone else live nearby?" Dolorosa interrogated.

"I live in the middle of the woods, no one else is around. Just me and pounce!"

"...Okay, we can stay for a little while," she sighed. The younger one jumped for joy and then groaned in pain.

"My name's Meulin, what's yours?" I asked.

"I'm Kankri, and that's the Dolorosa. She's really nice. She takes care of me."

"Where's your lusus?" I questioned as we all started to walk in the direction of my hive.

"Uh... Where's yours?" he asked, avoiding my own inquiry.