7 - Entry 817

**[WARNING!]**

**[THIS STORY CONTAINS: ABUSE, SELF HARM, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, AND GENERAL VIOLENCE]**

___________________________________

{ Trophy POV }

I watch as the molding piece of rubber disappears for revival. A melancholic expression is plastered over my golden face as I walk out to find Soap, and hopefully Balloon. When I do get there, I find MePhone towering a bit over Soap and Balloon, who are on the ground talking to each other. Balloon is in tears, blubbering as he trips over his words. As I slowly get closer, I begin to hear him more clearly past the sobs.

"...A-and then he yelled at me. He said he hated me! He started screaming about being in an abusive household, or something? " Soap nods in understanding, patting his back comfortingly. I would have walked over, if not for Balloon continuing his ramble.

I listened from across the hall. All these things about hitting, screaming, and crying, as if a newfound anger was awakened in, of all people, OJ. It just didn't sound like him. Were they missing something? Some sort of key component in this story? Was OJ ever really OJ? Thoughts swirled my mind. I didn't know what to think anymore. I barely even knew OJ, but from what I've seen and heard, he was a relatively calm guy that always had a solution. Not whatever...thing...Balloon was surmising him to be. Balloon was always a liar, anyways. How could I even be certain what he was saying was the truth? I'm not sure if Soap thought the same, but I see hints of it on her face. She didn't know what to think either. She was in the same situation as I was. I turn to MePhone, whose back is pressed against the wall in a casual manner. I find it in me to cross the room towards them.

"Hey." I say.

"What do you need?" Straight and to the point. Exactly the kind of MePhone I had hoped to be meeting today. I would respond in the same manner.

"Does OJ act a bit strange to you?"

MePhone raised an eyebrow. "Do you have anything to offer?"

I look at him with an irritated expression. "What- Ugh. Fine." I shuffle through my pockets, tossing them a small energy bar from the workout I never got to do today.

They catch it, looking at it with a frown, before shrugging and opening it. "It'll do. Now what was your question?"

"Has OJ been acting weird at all?"

MePhone blinks at me, taking a large bite from the Z-Bar. "Y'see, that's the thing about this whole situation, Trophy. You and I both know two different sides of OJ. I guess he just had to be broken down into tiny pieces for you to see him fully like I do."

I frown. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying that talking to everybody BUT OJ won't get you anywhere. Why don't you two ask him yourself instead of going around like little detectives all over the place. It's worked for Balloon. And all you had to do was ask them."

My face makes a larger, much sadder look. In a way, I guess he was right. We only ever got somewhere when we asked Balloon directly. I glance over at him and Soap. Balloon is crying into her shoulder. I walk over to the two of them, sitting down at their side. I'd hope my presence was enough comfort for Balloon.

"Maybe we should talk to OJ next?" I suggest to Soap.

Soap blinked at me. "I hadn't thought of that, yet."

"Me neither. I just assumed we'd get yelled at."

Soap glances to the floor, shuddering a bit. I notice this (obviously). Understanding that Soap doesn't exactly like germs, I hold a hand out. "I can take him if you want?"