Annabeth

I desperately banged on the barrier. The campers just turned around, and I realised I was on my own. I sadly walked down the hill and I saw my first monster, a hellhound. It jumped on me and scraped my chest. I screamed at the burning pain. I quickly grabbed out my Drakon-Bone sword and stabbed it multiple times, killing it. It disintegrated into golden dust. I collapsed and slowly drifted into a sleep.

Percy POV

I fell to the floor, clutching my head. Annabeth was in danger. I was in the middle of a game of spin the bottle with my friends in Elysium. As much as I hated Annabeth, I was loyal, and she was my friend. I had to get to the upper world and save her.

"Perce? Everything ok, bro?" Bekendorf helped me to my feet.

"A- Annabeth. She is in danger." I struggled to get back to my feet.

"I thought you hated her, Percy." Zoe said.

"She's still my frien-" I started, as if by luck Hades came out of nowhere.

"Perseus. You are dead,"Hades raised an eyebrow. "No duh." i muttered. Hades started speaking again, "You have not completed your quest, and Lady Athena is growing impatient. You must return to the upper world."

Before I could say goodbye to my friends or protest I was teleported back to the barriers outside camp Half-Blood. I started to walk to Peleus, when I heard a familiar girl's scream. I uncapped Riptide and raced back down the hill. When I reached the clearing, a girl had her head buried into a tree as three hellhounds advanced on her. Quick as a flash I stabbed and killed all three of them. The girl turned around and I saw her stormy grey eyes.

Annabeth.

"Sta.. Stay away." I held out both my hands to gesture for her to stay away. Before she could see my face, I pulled my hood over my head.

"Who are you ?"

"A friend." And I swiftly ran away, dropping a valuable item. I should have been more careful. For that valuable item was not lost, but revealed my identity.

I left Riptide.

Annabeth had just enough time to see that my sword was there before it teleported to my pocket.

"Percy.." Annabeth breathed into the night.