10. Insomia

Avery's POV

He sat me on top of the bathroom sink, his hand holding my face ever so gently. After leaving the lounging room, Vince had taken me straight to his room. Safe to say his room was much like his personality.

It was dark and dimly lit, with a big emphasis on the black and grey type of aesthetic which made it feel almost mysterious and reserved. But at the same time, it somehow felt warm and cozy, and not at all like how I thought it would be.

"Who did this you butterfly?" He let go of my face and took a step back, leaning against the wall behind him to look at me. His arm folded against his chest, making his biceps bulge out from underneath his black dress shirt.

"Um.." He gave me a look and I swallowed back my answer.

"Why won't you tell me?" He pushed himself off the wall and placed his finger underneath my chin, lifting it up so that I was looking up at him. "Hm?"

"I don't want them to get in trouble." My eyes never left his as I spoke.

"Them? More than one person did this to you?" He crouched down so that we were eye to eye. "Avery, I'm going to ask you once more, who did this to you?"

"You have to promise me something though." I started, my fingers fidgeting with the hems of my shirt nervously. He raised his eyebrows at me but nodded anyway.

He placed his hand on mine, holding it in place.

"You can tell me, baby."

''If I tell you, you have to promise me that you won't shoot them." He let out a chuckle making me pout and furrow my eyebrows.

"Why do you say that?" His voice was filled with amusement.

"Because every time you guys seem to get angry, a gun is pulled out." He smiled and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, neither denying nor responding to my comment.

"Why do you guys always do that?" He remained silent so I continued, "Why are there so many people here and why do you guys always have guns on you?"

"I can't explain anything to you yet. I know you're curious but I just can't give you an explanation right now." I frowned and pushed his hand off from my thigh as I hopped down from the bathroom counter.

'' I'm tired." I lied taking off his suit jacket that had swallowed me up earlier, and handed it back to him. "Thank you for worrying about me, but I'm going to head back to my room. Goodnight Vince."

I left before he could respond. 

********************************************************************

I sighed and leaned against the headboard of my bed, my hand clutching the sides of my face gently.

I just wanted to go home.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I brought my knees to my chest, hugging it for comfort as everything flooded out. I pushed my head down and hugged my knees tighter as my chest heaved up and down. 

I didn't make a sound. I couldn't. My body just moved on its own accord.

There was a soft knock on the door and my heart froze, but still, I couldn't stop the tears that were raining down my bruised cheeks.

The door opened, allowing the light of the hallway to enter my room. Vince walked in, dressed casually in some sweatshorts and a loose black shirt. At the sight of him, I dug my face in between my knees, hiding it from him. 

I don't even know why I was crying. 

It just happened.

I felt my bed dip as he sat down beside me. His arms wrapped themselves around my body, his warmth engulfing me entirely as he placed me on his lap, turning me around so that I was facing him. My hands now covered my face, refusing to let him see me at this state. Again.