Why I write ✍︎︎ and about my book

Ever since I was little, I had always loved making up stories and writing them. I would take little notebooks and just fill them with stories to make them my own little "books". Now, I still do it, just with a computer because I hate writing by hand ;)

I don't really dream of becoming an author, but I've always wanted to write and publish a book. Writing is something that helps me get my ideas out of my head and express myself. I'm a pretty bad maladaptive daydreamer, and when I listen to music, plots and ideas just flood through my head. I feel like I can just envision them so clearly. I turn those ideas and plots into real stories over some time, and recently I've been wanting to write them down and turn them into the book it's been waiting to be. My current story Crooks has been something I've wanted to write for years.  It's just kind of slowly been developing in my mind, and about a year ago I attempted to plot it out and start writing. Well, let's just say, I gave up. I didn't have the motivation, and I just wasn't ready.

Now, I feel motivated and I have it actually plotted out. I went back and reread what I wrote and... wow. I never thought I'd be capable of writing something so horrible. Where I am in my fourth chapter now was all of my first chapter then 😭 it was just poorly written and super rushed, and I figured out why: I wrote it in third POV. It lacked detail and it was a struggle for me to write. So, I decided to write in first person, and oh my goodness was it so much easier. I felt like I could put myself into my characters shoes, and just write like I was that person. Everything just came to me. All of a sudden, writing this story felt easier and was ten times better. Wayyyy better than the monstrosity I called writing.

No like literally what is this 💀

"She knew that she deserved better, and as for him, he deserved KaRmA"💀💀 literally what

I am 100% exposing myself right now. This is pitiful. I'm ashamed. If you think my writing is bad now... oh dear it could be so much worse. I could've posted THIS and called it a day 😭

Anyways, enough of the shaming, back to what I was saying. I am pretty proud of where I've come so far. It's a pretty rough first draft, but the fact that I'm almost at 20,000 words when I never even thought I'd get to 10,000 is mind blowing. I really cannot thank you all enough for voting and commenting. It's been a massive confidence booster and motivation. Even if you're just forcing yourself to vote and comment, it's still appreciated greatly. You have no idea how much it means to me as a young author 🥹 I hope some of y'all can stick around for when I finally finish this book. If you do, thank you in advance. You're a real one.