Twenty-Six

Everyone looked at the girl in question, dumbfounded.

"Really? You don't?"

"I don't." (Y/n) shrugged, picking up the menu on the table before her. "Can we go order food now? I'm a little hungry."

Everyone remained silent, still unable to properly process how the girl brushed everything off as if it was some light matter.

"Are you sure you don't want to reprimand Shikanoin or something?" Lumine said. "It's perfectly fine for you to not agree with this arrangement, (Y/n)-"

"Can we order some (f/f)? I still have some money, so don't worry about paying my bill," (Y/n) interrupted, flipping through the menu as she avoided any eye contact.

Lumine sighed and crossed her arms. "Fine. Aether, get her that (f/f)."

Aether nodded and did as told.

As Kunikuzushi and Lumine both got on their phones to preoccupy themselves and escape the awkward silence, Heizou laid his head on his hand and proceeded to stare at the (h/c)-haired girl with a mysterious grin. His olive eyes looked her up and down, seemingly tearing her apart in the sanctity of his thoughts.

Despite her tough girl act, (Y/n) could not help but react to her acquaintance's odd behavior. She did not hesitate to scooch away from him and pulled her jacket closer to her body.

"What do you want?" She glared at him.

"I'm sure you've heard of the great Heizou Shikanoin's intuitiveness and vigilance. That being said, I've been observing your words and gestures ever since you entered the store and have come to a conclusion."

"What the hell are you talking about..."

"It means that if the little Miss consents to it, I'd like to have a private talk with you, Miss (L/n)." Heizou maintained his smile. "Despite my being enigmatic, I really do have your best interests in mind."

"You..." (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at him. "After saying the most alarming statement... you expect me to agree to that proposition?"

"I'm sure your curiosity is much more overpowering than your headstrongness." Heizou chuckled.

(Y/n) but the inside of her cheek as she clasped her hands together beneath the table. On one hand, she was still mentally and emotionally exhausted from the most recent events. She did not feel any motivation to socialize- much less talk about some stranger's observations of her. On the other hand, she was curious.

"Only five minutes," she said, getting up.

"Great." Heizou's smile grew bigger. "I expected nothing less from you, (L/n)."

Just as both individuals had left the store, Aether came back to the table with a trayful of food.

He looked at the unbothered remaining two and placed the food on the table.

"Why'd they leave?"

"Free psychologist visit," Kunikuzushi said flippantly.

------

After the snack bar meeting, several life-altering changes occurred.

Firstly, Lumine went back to her university after a week. As if the Zeus household could not get any quieter with the meek Aether and reserved (Y/n) put together, Lumine's departure made it so both the blond boy and (h/c)-haired girl never spoke again. After Heizou and (Y/n)'s conversation, it was as if the (h/c)-haired girl was constantly deep in thought. This left no room for Aether to make small talk, thus, creating a disparity between the two.